Temporary Respiratory Therapist, Atrium Health Resource Team, $60/hr. Nights
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Newly created temporary, non-benefited RRT position as an Internal
Resource on the Atrium Health Resource Team, supporting the
Respiratory service line, floating to any facility that has a need.
This position requires a minimum of 2 years if experience and
candidates must have current BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP certifications
- $60/hr + $2.75 evening differential; $3.00 night differential
and $2.50 W/E
- 36 hrs weekly
- 13 week or 26 week assignments
Performs all aspects of direct respiratory care according to
physician's orders and/or approved protocols. Consults physicians
on effectiveness of therapy and makes appropriate recommendations.
Provides appropriate ventilator support and maintains and monitors
other cardiopulmonary life support equipment. Maintains and
properly utilizes respiratory care equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge in various modes and methods of oxygen
delivery and the equipment needed for each and can conduct
prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve adequate
- Administers therapeutic procedures, understanding the purpose
and benefits, and possible effects associated with each.
- Performs diagnostic procedures as outlined in policy.
- Initiates, monitors and maintains mechanical ventilators and
non-invasive ventilators and is aware of the critical care duties
and effects of such therapy.
- Independently evaluates current therapies using appropriate
judgment and protocols, making proper recommendations concerning
plans of care and patient education needs.
- Documents therapy and results as required by hospital,
department and regulatory agencies. Communicates information to
appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Initiates, conducts and modifies respiratory care techniques in
an emergency setting.
- Performs and evaluates blood sampling analysis with a thorough
understanding of the values, and the importance and treatment of
- Works independently in all patient care areas and assists
co-workers with patient care whenever possible.
- Follows departmental safety guidelines. Completes all
- Completes annual proficiency evaluation of respiratory care
equipment and procedures.
- Is proficient in the electronic medical records and its
interface with the Respiratory Care Department.
Physical RequirementsRequires repetitive physical activity. Able to
walk and stand to perform duties. Ability to lift materials 20-50
pounds. Ability to move patients of all age groups. Adequate
hearing and eyesight is necessary. Exposures to working environment
that may include odors, low lighting, and crowded working
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an AMA-approved school of Respiratory Care. Associate's
RRT or RRT Equivalent required, Bachelor's' degree preferred.
Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National
Board for Respiratory Care. Licensed as a Respiratory Care
Practitioner in the state of North Carolina. BLS required per
policy guidelines. For free-standing Emergency Department and
Virtual Critical Care, 2 years' critical care experience
Keywords: Nurse.com, Charlotte , Temporary Respiratory Therapist, Atrium Health Resource Team, $60/hr. Nights, Human Resources , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!