Company: Home Builders Institute Inc
Posted on: March 19, 2023
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:Under the general direction of the Academy
Operations Manager, supports community outreach and recruitment
efforts for HBI programs. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Attend job fairs to speak with employers and organizations that
may be a source of student recruitment.
- Staff HBI booths and tables for community and
- Assist with aspects of the pre-screening process for
- Assist with other programmatic features involving employers and
community organizations, as needed.
- Develop recruiting strategies for existing program goal
outcomes and responsible for the coordinating of all recruitment
- Employ creative recruiting techniques including internet ad
placement, job fairs, community and partnership recruiting,
referrals, networking and cold calling/direct sourcing of passive
- Develop internal procedures related to student recruiting
- Develop and maintain a broad range of external networks,
research and source new recruiting avenues.
- Develop an effective pipeline of future and current potential
students for program needs to reach contractual goals.
- Create and publish professional recruiting material and
advertising in collaboration with HBI's marketing and communication
department as needed.
- Conduct screening interviews to determine if candidates meet
minimum qualifications for participation in program and have a
desire to enter the construction trades.
- Administer a variety of student related screenings: work
style/behaviors assessments, background checks, employment and
education verifications, criminal checks, pre-employment drug
testing and driving records if applicable.
- Manage the scheduling and logistics of all interviews for
potential candidates that align with program needs for
- Extend offers of participation to selected candidates under the
direction of program guidelines.
- Manage the initial assessment process for potential candidates
meeting the enrollment requirements and communicate status to
- Manage candidate data and tracking progress in applicant
tracking system. Maintains accurate and well-ordered documentation
on all candidates, searches, hiring manager interactions, and other
recruiting activities to ensure a safe and thorough audit if
- Conduct potential student candidate interviews using various
reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to coordinate the
candidate's availability to enroll with the training schedule.
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate
relationships during the selection process
- Promote construction trades as in demand employment
opportunities and a sustainable career choice to interested program
- Accurately and compliantly communicate the program objectives
to prospective students.
- Forecast new students who will be in enrolled to accurately
account for program capacity
- Input all activity into data management system in a timely and
- Perform other duties as assigned.WORKING
RELATIONSHIPS:Internal: Operation Manager, Regional Career
Development Coordinator, Marketing and Communication Department,
onsite HBI staff External: Employers, community services contacts,
government officials, and studentsQUALIFICATIONS:Education:
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of training,
education, and experience. EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
- Proactive student recruiting and sourcing experience
- Ability to compile statistical information into reports
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e.
Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using various databases and online tools to source
applicants and potential students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
professionally with all levels of staff in various
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Proactive and able to work independently as well as in a team
settingHBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program. HBI is
an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other protected characteristic as established by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: Home Builders Institute Inc, Charlotte , Recruiter, Human Resources , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...