Associate General Counsel, Labor & Employment
Company: Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link We offer great rewards
, competitive pay , career advancement and growth opportunities .
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
- Paid Training
- 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar basis
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Group Health Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision &
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance Refresh and Grow your
Career with Us! Job OverviewThe Associate General Counsel, Labor &
Employment ("AGC") will serve as the chief employment and labor
attorney for Coca-Cola Consolidated (the "Company"). In this role,
the AGC will provide senior leadership and key stakeholders with
counsel on employment and labor-related implications of various
company strategies, assist managers with all employment practice
legal compliance and regulatory requirements, and oversee the
employment-related litigation work of outside counsel. The AGC will
be directly involved in leading the employment and labor risk
management efforts on behalf of the Company. The AGC will report to
the Executive Vice President, General Counsel and will supervise
one legal professional.Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as a trusted advisor and provides practical and
actionable daily, critical, and strategic legal advice to senior
leadership, the HR team and other key stakeholders on a full range
of employment and labor-related legal matters, including daily
counseling on issues such as recruitment and hiring, background
checks, performance management, employee relations, equal pay, wage
and hour, leaves of absence and accommodations, discrimination and
harassments laws, investigations, disciplinary warnings,
terminations, workplace safety, reorganizations, reductions in
force and immigration, etc. involving the Company's teammates and
- Supports the organization with drafting, interpreting, and
enforcing employment, separation, non-competition, confidentiality,
consulting and other HR-related agreements. Creates, updates, and
manages employment-related agreement and document templates.
- Provides strategy for and manages company employment-related
litigation (single plaintiff and class), arbitrations, grievances
and associated administrative charges. Provides legal oversight
over equal employment and affirmative action obligations.
- Counsels and advises on the employment law implications of
strategic business initiatives. Supports HR in developing and
administering employment-related policies and programs.
- Supervises outside counsel on all employment or labor issues
requiring law firm support.
- Advises Employee Relations and HR team on workplace
investigations and employee relations concerns, supports
investigations into complaints of inappropriate conduct or policy
- Supports the Company's overall employment and labor compliance
program by developing and implementing strategies for HR and Legal
compliance efforts, prioritizing high-risk or high-exposure items.
Monitors changes to applicable laws, regulations, and enforcement
priorities, and develops and implements actionable takeaways.
Reviews, develops, and presents trainings for the HR team,
managers, and teammates, including advising on and assuring
compliance with employment law training requirements, and assisting
HR training teams to identify appropriate training topics.
- Other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Competence as a lawyer; ability to manage heavy workload in a
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to translate complex legal issues and ambiguity into
clear and simple advice and to communicate effectively with
non-legal internal colleagues.
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal
skills to inspire and influence employees at every level.
- Strong project management leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently with judgment to escalate risk
issues when required.
- Self-starter with good business sense and a sense of urgency,
honesty, and fairness.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a
- Self-confident and inspires confidence from clients.
- Ability to identify, develop and implement process
- Highly collaborative teammate with ability to build deep
relationships across functions.
- Proven ability to develop creative and collaborative
- Highest level of judgment, discretion, and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex labor & employment
- Strong legal document and agreement drafting and negotiation
- Ability to deliver strong results with limited resources.
- Dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive team and
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and flexibleMinimum
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school
- Admission and in good standing to at least one state bar
- 8+ plus years of legal experience practicing employment law
within a corporate legal department or nationally recognized law
firmCoca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. -is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. also participates in E-Verify and will
provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to
confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC, Charlotte , Associate General Counsel, Labor & Employment, Human Resources , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!