Divisional Director Human Resources (Atlantic Coastal)
Company: Floor & Decor Holdings Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Purpose:The Divisional Human Resources Director (DHRD) reports
to the Senior Director, Human Resources - Stores and partners
closely with the Sales Support Center (SSC) and store leadership
teams to help create a work environment that attracts and retains
motivated talent that treat our customers with C.A.R.E and
contribute to growing our topline sales. The DHRD is responsible
for overseeing and leading a broad range of general human resources
duties that support store operations within an assigned division to
include staffing analysis, overseeing and assisting with recruiting
and retention efforts, assessing and developing talent, new store
openings, employee engagement, employee relations, compensation,
benefits, performance management, talent management, coaching,
facilitation, training, leadership development, policies and
procedures and compliance. Divisions can include up to 45
stores.POSITION REQUIREMENTS:The DHRD must be an effective and
results driven leader with excellent interpersonal, team building
and communication skills along with strong problem-solving and
decision-making ability. The DHRD must be able to excel in a
fast-paced environment and successfully manage competing priorities
daily. The DHRD must have exceptional leadership, interpersonal and
relationship building skills and must be able to consult with and
advise multi-level store operations leaders regarding various human
resources related matters, while maintaining confidentiality. The
DHRD must also be capable of building and maintaining positive and
productive work relationships with employees at all levels. Must be
able to travel with overnight stays.Minimum Eligibility
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or
- Eight (8) plus years of HR experience required; 5 plus years of
experience in multi-unit/field HR management.Retail industry a
- Current Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SHRM Certification
- Must possess customer service skills and work well under
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced
- Ability to work independently, within a team across all levels
and diverse cultures along with the ability to lead team
- Generalist experience in recruiting, employee engagement,
employee relations, performance management, talent management,
training and development, compensation, payroll and benefits
administration, HR policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of effective HR practices and
legal/regulatory framework in a customer service
- Advanced knowledge of employment law including FMLA, EEO, ADA,
FLSA, etc. required.
- Advanced knowledge of leave process to include FMLA, workers
compensation, military, bereavement, jury duty, etc.
- Solid leadership, influencing, coaching, advising, customer
service and communication skills.
- Time management, prioritization, delegation, attention to
detail and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
Familiarity with HRIS systems a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures a culture of positive association relations and
- Builds a culture of Get, Keep and Grow through effective
education and development initiatives within assigned
- Provides outstanding leadership support, associate service,
education and general HR support to various stores within a
division. Advises store leadership and associates regarding HR
- Leads, manages and promptly completes human resource
responsibilities across various stores.
- Demonstrates accountability for human resources performance of
stores in assigned division.
- Supports and leads talent acquisition initiatives including
sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, selection, background check
process, new hire/onboarding process to help ensure stores are
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with trade
schools, military job placement centers and employment agencies,
etc. as sources for applicant flow.
- Works directly with Division Senior Vice President and Senior
Director of Store Operations to support performance management,
talent review, succession planning and leadership development
- Investigates associate complaints and concerns in a timely
manner and keeps case tracking system up to date per the Service
- Monitors and assists with activities related to safety and risk
- Ensures company policies, accident procedures and loss
prevention procedures are followed.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations at
the federal, state and local level.
- Informs Vice President, Human Resources and Chief Human
Resources Officer (CHRO) on all matters that can adversely impact
the HR compliance of the region, division and company.
- Assists in supporting business plans focused on customer
satisfaction, employee engagement, sales growth and
- Monitors and interprets HR key performance indicators (KPIs), P
& L's, targets, projections and staffing effectiveness.
KEY BUSINESS PARTNERS
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Vice President, Human Resources - Field Services
- Division Senior Vice President, Operations
- Director, Talent
- Senior Manager, Associate Engagement
- Lead Employment Counsel
- Vice President, Total Rewards
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL & ENVIRONMENT):
- Extensive travel with overnight stays
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles.
The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to
PHYSICAL/SENSORY REQUIREMENTSSedentary Work - Ability to exert 10 -
20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force
frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve
walking or standing for brief periods of time.Note: Floor & Decor
considers all applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or
familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor
also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.This job
description does not constitute an employment agreement between the
employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer
at its sole discretion.Benefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans
(subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment OpportunityFloor & Decor is an equal opportunity
employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates
and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes,
compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which
includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical
disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military
or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic
information or any other status protected by applicable law.This
policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment,
testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading,
transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation,
benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of
employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment
discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of
any legally protected status outlined above.
Keywords: Floor & Decor Holdings Inc., Charlotte , Divisional Director Human Resources (Atlantic Coastal), Human Resources , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!