Human Resources Manager
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The role of ScentAir Human Resources Manager (NA) is a key
leadership position operating in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
We are seeking an organized, driven individual to lead our Human
Resources department in North America. ScentAir is a global
organization with offices in Europe and Asia, each with their own
respective Human Resources Manager(s). This role is based out of
our South Charlotte headquarters and also supports our field-based
sales employees, who are located throughout North America. This
individual will be responsible for approximately 275 North American
employees (globally, ScentAir has approximately 500 employees),
which includes a 50-member production facility at our Charlotte
headquarters. ScentAir is poised for significant growth over the
next few years, including employee headcount.
The position reports to the Global Vice President of Human
Resources at our Charlotte headquarters and our HR Department works
closely with our General Counsel/ legal department.
With ScentAir's ongoing growth and energetic environment, we are
looking for an individual with initiative, who is willing to lead
the current day-to- day human resource operations while supporting
the improvement of current practices and employee strategy. This
individual will play a key role in enhancing our growth trajectory
through process improvement. Key projects for the initial phase of
the role include leading our safety committee, formalizing job
descriptions, maximizing utility within ADP (including overseeing
an employee data entry initiative), routinely updating the employee
handbook, creating operating guidelines, and coordinating metrics
sharing within the organization. More generally, this individual
will be involved in the planning, organization, development,
implementation, coordination and/or directing of human resources
policies, programs, and best practices.
There is a lot of great Human Resource work to do in ScentAir! We
are looking for someone that wants to make an impact in a
growth-oriented, fast-paced, highly charged environment. We have a
GREAT CULTURE to practice the craft of human resources because we
have great employees and outstanding leadership.
We lead the organization with Human Resource expertise as a
business partner, change agent, employee champion, and technical
Your day to day...
- Develops and administers various human resources projects,
processes, and strategies regarding company human capital.
- Maintains HRIS and payroll processing systems including vendor
alignment, internal access, audit, and process configuration.
- Administers benefits plans including vendor and carrier
relationships, enrollment, termination, invoicing, census, and
day-to-day administration of employee interactions and benefit
- Responsible for managing employee relations issues including
conflicts and appropriate resolution; assist with Performance
Improvement Plan development and delivery as required; and
- Responsible for administering at the local level:
- Responsible for taking a hands-on approach and successfully
monitoring the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of
- Acts as a valued and trusted partner for employees
- Responsible for the administration and communication of all
benefit plans to employees, including the annual enrollment
process. Serve as liaison and employee advocate as required and
assist in resolving problems and questions.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect
continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local
- Advises management on employee relations issues, maintains
records of employee performance coaching and performance
- Prepares, recommends, and maintains records and procedures for
controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel
- Monitors workers' compensation claims and coordinates work
between employee and insurance carrier.
- Proposes, publishes and administers personnel policies.
- Stays current on recent federal, state and case law changes and
monitors labor law updates and newsletters for changes that affect
- Coordinates and/or conducts exit interviews to determine
reasons behind separation.
- Consults with in-house legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as
directed by Executive Management on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in
carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Uses data to influence and drive organization decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For...
- Demonstrates discretion and confidentiality in all
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) to seven (7) years of Human
Resources experience in a fast-paced organization.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities.
- Demonstrates discretion and confidentiality in all
- Possesses knowledge of internet software, word processing
software, and spreadsheet software.
- Use data to influence and drive organization decisions
- Ability to identify and resolve problems on time and gather and
analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to multi-task on various HR topics---balance day to day
but also get long term projects completed
- Ability to work with peers in other regions
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and
gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or
negative situations and demonstrates group presentation
- Use time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and
accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- ADP Workforce Now experience preferred
Be part of something scentsational...
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Fun, team-focused work environment
- Employee driven community outreach program
Keywords: ScentAir, Charlotte , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!