HR Business Partner (NC)
Company: Singh Management
Posted on: November 22, 2021
**The position will be supporting our 2 Charlotte communities
and will be based in Charlotte, NC.Position Summary: The Human
Resources Business Partner serves as a consultant to management and
staff on human resources related issues with a focus in talent
acquisition, onboarding, employee relations and training. The
position acts in the best interests of our organization by aligning
service delivery with strategic goals, associate needs and HR best
practices. Responsibilities include talent acquisition,
orientation/onboarding, coaching, employee relations, training and
recognition. Individuals in this role must rely on sound
problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and good judgment. They
focus on delivering exceptional customer service to our most
important asset -our associates. The Business Partner thrives on
providing hands-on strategic coaching and training to staff and get
a sense of satisfaction out of each day bringing new and exciting
challenges. As the first face for our new hires, they ensure a
seamless, welcoming and positive onboarding experience.Main Job
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains productive and collaborative
relationships with managers and associates in order to facilitate
effective service to Singh associates. Manages and resolves complex
employee relations issues.
- Partner with leadership to ensure thorough and objective
investigations when the need arises.
- Screen and refer qualified applicants to hiring managers.
Provide initial screening to obtain work history, education,
training, job skills and salary requirements and assess job
- Complete background checks and assist new hires with onboarding
paperwork including I-9 verification.
- Respond to any site level inquiries regarding our LMS system
(Relias). Encourage high compliance, make recommendations to
managers for online training and effective reporting.
- Provide site level communication to associates on HR related
items (ie: Open Enrollment, 401(k) match, performance review
- Complete termination and status changes in our HRIS system
(UKG) as needed. Send out job abandonment letters when
- Oversee monthly orientation for new associates within the
organization. Ensure content is relevant and beneficial and new
hires have a good understanding of the organization and are set up
for success within their role and department.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers
on proper coaching and progressive counseling process. This
includes; drafting documentation, assuring consistency,
recommending appropriate course of action, and modeling proper
- Identifies training needs at the site level. Develops content
and facilitates targeted training as needed.
- Assist with the annual performance review process and respond
to questions regarding both crafting constructive feedback in the
review as well as the technical component in our HRIS.
- Work with communities on effective and comprehensive onboarding
and help develop community specific strategies for assimilating new
hires into our organization.
- Develop, communicate and administer associate recognition
- Conduct exit interviews as needed and identify turnover trends.
Participates in developing strategies for improvements based on
feedback from communities.
- Assist managers with understanding and applying company
- Become knowledgeable in other areas of HR to respond to basic
associate questions related to leave administration, benefits,
talent acquisition, workers compensation.
- Other duties and projects and duties as assignedJob
- Exceptional interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
Strong presentation and communication skills to ensure an
exceptional candidate and associate experience.
- Ability to rely on critical thinking skills and sound judgment
with a high degree of creativity.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of employment practices and laws (FMLA,
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and
information with discretion and professionalism.
- Effectively communicate, empathize and reason with people in
situations that are often sensitive and stressful.
- Team player with an ability to successfully partner with
various HR team members on projects.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced
- Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's in Business, Human
Resources, Education or like degree program preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of general human resources experience,
preferably in a healthcare, senior living, retail, or multi-unit
- High level of comfort speaking and conducting training to large
- History and proven track record of experience in employee
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as LMS, applicant
tracking and HRIS programs
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Ability to regularly travel to sites in the Charlotte area, and
sporadic overnight travel to Raleigh/Durham and Michigan.Job Type:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayAbility to commute/relocate:
- Charlotte, NC 28277: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)Education:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- Human resources: 2 years (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: Singh Management, Charlotte , HR Business Partner (NC), Human Resources , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!