Associate - Investment Banking - Consumer & Retail Group
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York, with offices in over 30 cities around the world, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, as well as wealth and asset management. The firm provides a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalization, and other advisory services across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group (NYSE: JEF), a diversified holding company. Group Description : Jefferies Consumer & Retail Group provides a full suite of advisory and capital markets capabilities to clients across a number of sectors, including consumer products, food & beverage, foodservice & restaurants, and retail. The Global Consumer & Retail Group consists of a team of approximately 30 bankers focused on providing services to clients in these industries in North America, Europe and Asia. Position: The Global Consumer & Retail team is actively looking for an experienced Associate to help support the Consumer industry coverage team in Charlotte, NC. The candidate will be working closely with senior members of the Consumer Group in a sector with significant M&A, equity and leverage finance deal activity. Primary Responsibilities:
- Participate in the execution of equity and debt financings, M&A, and restructuring and recapitalization transactions.
- Ability to operate as project / deal team lead, driving the work product and transaction processes.
- Perform financial valuation, discounted cash flow, pro forma merger, precedent transaction, and comparable companies analyses.
- Prepare pitch books and live deal materials, including offering memoranda, confidential information memoranda, management presentations, lender presentations, and prospectuses.
- Analyze detailed corporate and financial information, as well as conduct due diligence.
- Develop client relationships through deal execution and pitching. Qualifications Required Background:
- Either (i) an MBA plus 1+ years of investment banking experience as an Associate or (ii) a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university plus 3+ years of investment banking or consulting experience; relevant advisory and consumer & retail / industry experience will also be considered.
- Experience in consumer & retail, specifically consumer products and/or food & beverage, is a plus, but not mandatory Desired Experience/Skills:
- Excellent financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and accounting skills / knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Series 63 & 79 preferred
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to lead a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously.
- Resourceful self-starter; able to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated team player and leader. Associate - Investment Banking - Consumer & Retail Group
Keywords: Jefferies, Charlotte , Associate - Investment Banking - Consumer & Retail Group, Hospitality & Tourism , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!