Company: Singh Management
Posted on: January 15, 2019
The Prep Cook is responsible for ensuring food preparation is completed per exact recipe specifications. This is an essential task in delivering a high quality culinary experience for our residents. They assist in the preparation of a variety of different food items such as salads, sauces, and soups that often require different methods of preparation. Additionally, this position is accountable for the sanitation of the food service areas, setting up stations and necessary supplies, and adhering to regulatory compliance and health standards. The prep cook will follow established culinary protocols and execute culinary menus created by the Director. This position reports to the Culinary Supervisor or Culinary Service Director and resides in the Culinary department. Our prep cooks are focused on precision, detail and efficiency to ensure meals exceed resident standards.
Our Culinary Department provides nourishing and delicious meals that are served in a warm and inviting environment. The department operates with the knowledge that meals and food activities are a crucial part of every residents' day. Delivering a memorable dining experience for our residents is our top priority.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all aspects of food preparation and food presentation specifications as set by the Culinary Service Director.
- Ensure that the food service areas are sanitized daily. Clean and maintain station while practicing exceptional safety techniques.
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for daily services. Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufacturers' instruction.
- Notify Culinary Service Director and/or Dining Room Supervisor in advance of likely shortages or access to minimize food waste.
- Assist with stocking deliveries and taking inventory.
- Review and be familiar with residents' dining restrictions.
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately.
- Consistently use safe and hygienic food handling practices. Return dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by Culinary Service Director.At Waltonwood, we are all a part of a team who are here to serve the residents living in our communities. Our residents count on us every hour of every day. First and foremost, we expect our associates to have regular attendance; defined as being on time and present to all scheduled shifts, for the entire shift. Our associates need to value the importance of timeliness, punctuality, and dependability, and how the lack of these critical elements affects others in the workplace and the overall community operations. We expect all associates to be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports, and supervisors, whether it is one of their typical job responsibilities or not. This includes welcoming new associates and residents into the community, and making them feel at home. Associates need to keep the best interests of the residents and other associates in mind, and be an active participant in accomplishing team, community, and company goals.
- Strong Communication Skills -Clearly and accurately provides pertinent information to individuals in verbal and/or written form. Able to accurately convey information in a way that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Work Ethic - Places value on hard work and achieving goals. Takes pride in work related activities, tasks and responsibilities. Acts professionally, respectfully, and is dedicated to work. Takes accountability and responsibility for their work and work related tasks.
- Time Management - Uses time effectively and efficiently, able to get more done in less time than others while not sacrificing quality. Has the ability to independently prioritize work activities.
- Customer Focused - Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customer by establishing and maintaining effective relationships as well as gaining trust and respect of customers.Job Requirements:
- At least 1-year experience as a prep cook in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of dining etiquette, food handling techniques and general cooking practices.
- Knowledge of proper food service sanitation techniques.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Constant use of manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Ability to use the sense of smell and the sense of taste to recognize and distinguish odors and flavors.
- Associates in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, loud noises, and cleaning chemicals.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is frequently exposed to heat/ cold
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push and pull.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Occasional sitting, with constant walking and standing.
Keywords: Singh Management, Charlotte , Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!