CUSTOMER SERVICE "BUYSMART" LEAD
Posted on: September 15, 2018
A family of companies and experiences As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 200,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today! great people. great services. great results. Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar. Job Summary Responsibilities:
- The BuySmart Purchasing Support Desk is the initial point of contact for Compass operators who have Procurement questions or concerns.
- Provide guidance to multiple units across all sectors in ordering the products they need.
- Educate operators on parameters for ordering from preferred suppliers.
- Using knowledge and resources, resolve cases for operators on first contact as often as possible.
- Agents must know the who, what, where, and when of purchasing, including:
- Purchasing programs and processes
- Vendor performance relative to order accuracy, product quality, delivery and customer service
- Pricing questions
- Distribution systems
- Products on Managed Order Guides (interpret product descriptions, understand product differences and similarities, facilitate finding needed products, as well as adding products to MOGs)
- Special Orders
- Quality Assurance concerns
- How to find certain types of products or suppliers
- How various product programs work (i.e. linen, chemicals, smallwares, broadliners, etc.)
- Navigate through dozens of unique workflows to resolve problems of various types.
- Provide support for Online Order Entry
- Training support for operators new to the software
- Troubleshooting for operators when:
- Software goes down
- Vendors' systems go down
- Software doesn't perform as it should
- Operators experience connectivity issues
- Work directly with both distributors and manufacturers nationwide to resolve a wide range of problems for operators.
- Consult with the Field Implementation Managers (FIMs) as needed on problem resolution.
- Escalate issues as appropriate to supervisors/manager.
- Act as a liaison between operators and Foodbuy associates to resolve outstanding issues.
- Work to understand all answers gleaned from Foodbuy associates and/or vendors, and re-phrase answers as needed to ensure operators understand our reply.
- Work on special projects, both independently and as part of a team.
- Update shared site as information changes. Qualifications:
- Computer skills: strong Excel and Word capabilities.
- High aptitude for learning software programs (Online Order Entry, Remedy, Outlook)
- Excellent communications skills, both in speaking and in writing.
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to navigate through dozens of unique workflows to resolve problems of various types.
- Relevant business experience or college degree.
- Two to five years experience in Foodservice or within Compass Group preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize cases by urgency.
- Ability to work in a focused way despite other conversations happening nearby.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Purchasing experience a plus; Ability to apply Procurement knowledge to resolve incidents.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Associates Degree is required Apply to Foodbuy today! Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. Req ID: 204639 Foodbuy CAMERON C BLACK SALARIED NON-EXEMPT
Keywords: Foodbuy, Charlotte , CUSTOMER SERVICE "BUYSMART" LEAD, Hospitality & Tourism , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!