Company: Hilton Charlotte Airport Hotel
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The primary purpose of the Banquet Captain is to provide guests with an excellent banquet experience, by
planning and implementing the serving details for the event.
The Banquet Captain will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
- Directs setting up for tables correctly and uniformly in assigned area using clean pressed linen, clean unspotted silverware, clean china with no chips or cracks, clean unspotted glassware ;
- Confirm the table complements (salt, pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.) have been properly cleaned and filled ;
- Plans the serving order and orchestrates its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner ;
- Ensures the servers are ready to serve the meal when its prepared ;
- Set-ups, serves and/or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions as assigned ;
- Maintain communication with the guest contact person for guest needs ;
- Set-up, operate and dismantle audio-visual equipment ;
- Be familiar with and maintain knowledge of maintenance and usage of all Audio-Visual equipment ;
- Ab le to perform job of Banquet Associate and Banquet Bartender ;
- Able to understand departmental forecasting to ensure appropriate staffing levels ;
- Assist Banquet Manager or All Purpose Manager with scheduling, training staff, and inventory ;
- Ensures service standards are being followed and takes corrective action when they are not ;
- Guide, direct, and motivate banquet staff;
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures, including reporting accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management ; and
- Any and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
Keywords: Hilton Charlotte Airport Hotel, Charlotte , Banquet Captain, Hospitality & Tourism , Charlotte, North Carolina
here to apply!