Area Manager Loss Prevention
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Area Manager of Loss Prevention Plans, directs, and manages,
Loss Prevention operations, focused on protecting the Company
assets. Administer policies and procedures as issued by the
Security Manager. Responsible for internal case work including
follow-up investigations. Plain clothes work, including
surveillance, shoplifting, and other forms of loss. Oversees video
surveillance program. Develop and operate an internal LP audit
program. Maintains confidentiality of information, and will perform
other duties as assigned.
- Manages the daily operations of Carowinds' Loss Prevention
- Creates all scheduling and monitors the performance of the Loss
Prevention Shift Leader, the Loss Prevention Investigators, and the
Data Mining Officers.
- Hires and trains new LP personnel.
- Conducts or participates in interviews and investigations, with
a goal of reducing/eliminating loss to the Company in both funds
and property while determining the need for criminal
- Provides support to various Carowinds Divisions and Audit teams
to investigate loss prevention issues and minimize losses to the
Company caused by associate error or misappropriation through
resolution of finance problems, auditing, surveillance
investigations and review of video and on-line data.
- Analyze data from various sources to identify areas of loss,
determines appropriate corrective action and makes long term
recommendations for changes in controls, policies and procedures to
limit or eliminate loss exposure/opportunities.
- Oversees all data mining and other intelligence gathering
software by subordinates. Operate data video and analytics systems
with full department assistance i.e. eConnect.
- Oversees and takes part in interviews by the Loss Prevention
Investigators and Shift Lead, to ensure proper technique and
- Responsible for all Loss Prevention Department paperwork and
evidence storage. Create, and continue to maintain, updated
Department standard operating guidelines.
- Investigates matters that are sensitive to Carowinds. Develops
a working relationship with management, other park officials, and
members of law enforcement, to gather information that is useful to
Department goals. Must maintain confidentiality in all matters to
protect the interest of those involved.
- Create and distribute suspect warnings, or crime pattern
information, to the appropriate departments. Conduct other
trainings or briefings that benefits the Department's goals of
- Assists in overseeing the adjustment of video cameras upon the
- This position will supervise the Loss Prevention Supervisors
- Supports Security Area Manger counterpart and fills Security 1
duty roles during operation.
- Associate's Degree/ Vocational or Trade School degree.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice Preferred.
- Wicklander-ZULAWSKI and Associates or similar interviewing
- 6+ years of related experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor, especially in sensitive
- Possess a sense of urgency with quick response and follow
- Prior record of success in a high-volume Loss Prevention
- Closed Circuit (CCTV) experience required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays to meet the
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to manage
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must obtain and maintain security appropriate state
certification and company standards.
- Must have good analytical, critical thinking and
- Valid Driver's License
Keywords: Carowinds, Charlotte , Area Manager Loss Prevention, Hospitality & Tourism , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...