Company: Earth Fare
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Summary: Responsible for upholding Earth Fares Vision,
Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed, and adhering to
the departments Standard Operating Procedures. Works independently
and in a team to ensure the daily baking of muffins, cookies,
Danishes and croissants for the dry case and sales floor is
completed based upon production guidelines. Will open and close the
Bakery Department and is responsible for providing exceptional
customer service at all times.Essential Functions
- Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures
and merchandising guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer
service, safety and sanitation. Maintains a positive and
professional work environment.
- Production: Sets and maintains baked goods case and sales floor
to include product, signage, and rotation for freshness; provide
customer service at bakery counter, to include case, bread shelf
and floor maintenance.
- Operational Tasks: Provides excellent customer service at the
bakery counter and other areas as needed. Turns ovens and other
equipment on and off as required. Scoops batter for muffins,
cookies and breakfast items to prepare for the following days
production. Packages dry case items to move baked good to sales
floor. Wraps pastry trays to ensure proper freshness and storage.
Slices bread for customers as needed. Participates in scheduled
inventory counts, attends required department and store meetings,
and performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned by the
- Merchandising: Maintains an attractive sales floor by
implementing Earth Fare merchandising guidelines as outlined by the
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and
overall organization of the department including all fixtures,
storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers.Knowledge and
Essential Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and
Team Members at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while
completing necessary production duties within the bakery.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal
instruction from the Bakery Manager and other store
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous
equipment (mixers, slicers, ovens, etc.).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights,
weekends and holidays. Flexibility to support sister stores in the
same region when business needs arise.
- Must attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Must complete assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant
state of alertness.
- Must uphold Company policies, including the anti-harassment
- Must work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors,
coworkers, customers and the public.
- Must uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and
- Must work effectively and efficiently under stressful
- Must be able to work varying shifts, including
- Previous experience baking or cooking in a restaurant, bakery
or catering environment preferred.
- Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented
environment preferred.The knowledge, skills and abilities listed
above may be acquired through levels of education and experience,
however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience,
which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and
abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of
the job, is acceptable.Environmental Conditions
Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat.
- May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke and loud noise associated
with working in a kitchen environment.Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item
weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of
the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on ones feet the majority of the
Keywords: Earth Fare, Charlotte , Bakery Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Concord, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!