ACP - Pulmonary Critical Care (Physician Assistant #)
Company: Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare Syste
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Our Critical Care Department is currently seeking an Advanced
Practitioner for our Main Campus facility. Atrium Health uses an
integrated system approach to Pulmonary/Critical Care, combining
established clinical practices with the innovative technology of a
Tele-ICU program. This is an opportunity to work for a progressive
healthcare system and practice in a high-acuity environment with a
large group of Pulmonary/Critical Care colleagues. All candidates
must be board certified/eligible in Pulmonary and/or Critical Care
This is an inpatient position that includes:
- Procedures: central lines, arterial catheters, intubations,
lumbar punctures, thoracentesis, paracentesis and chest tube
- Rounding, consult/admit notes, daily progress notes and
- Collaboration with attending on management of critically ill
- Primarily following critical care patients in the NSICU and the
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary team including daily
- This position rotates days, nights and weekends. 7a-8p and
7p-8a. Essential Functions
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical
examinations, and daily assessments.
- Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of
- Performs a wide range of medical procedures.
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers
- Orders and interprets laboratory and radiology
- Determines treatment plan for patient.
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations,
interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the
patient's medical record.
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served.
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice
meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
- BLS/ACLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA with expiration date
greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice required.
- Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the
Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC / SC required.
- Must have or be eligible for a DEA license.
- Team oriented
- Ability to multi - task and prioritize
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Effective Communication both oral and written
- 1-2 years of critical care experience as an advance
practitioner Physical Requirements
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching,
bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and
support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical
equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in
understandable terms. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing,
smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react
and perform in stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as
a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works.
Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board
of Nursing or Medical Board in SC required. BLS for Healthcare
Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90
days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate
critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to
prioritize and concentrate.
Masters Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License
to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the
area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body
required. ACNP or AGACNP board certification preferred according to
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required;
Masters Degree preferred. Certification from the National
Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
Keyphrases: pulmonary critical care jobs
Keywords: Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare Syste, Charlotte , ACP - Pulmonary Critical Care (Physician Assistant #), Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!