Nurse Clinician - Women's Institute
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Job Req ID: 190249 Position Number: Employment Type: Full Time Shift: Day Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm, weekend call Standard Hours: 40.00 Department Name: Women's Institute Location: Carolinas Medical Center Location Details: 1025 Morehead Medical Center Dr, Charlotte NC 28204 Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Job Summary Provides supportive services to designated teams of physicians and/or advanced care practitioners, with a focus on assisting with achieving quality metrics and efficient workflow. Essential Functions
- Works with provider(s) to create focused patient-centric discharge plans, addressing barriers to discharge for patients with length of stay (LOS) that is longer than expected
- Coordinates the evaluation, testing, management and follow-up of patients in collaboration with the attending physician, and other members of the healthcare team
- Rounds with physicians and serves as a liaison between, physician, healthcare team, patient and family members
- Promotes and assists with patient and family education supporting the treatment plan and educational needs of the patient/family members to achieve continuity of care as care transitions to the home environment or next level of care
- Ensure patients have scheduled follow up appointments prior to discharge
- Participates with performance improvement activities. Analyzes and interprets data
- Assists with prioritizing and assigning patients to correct providers
- May coordinate care outside of the hospital for patients not requiring hospitalization with a focus on prevention of readmissions and preventable admissions
- Serves as a resource to clinical staff assigned to provide direct patient care services with any related issues
- Answers pharmacy, patient, family, and other care provider phone calls post discharge to assist with bridging transitions from the hospital to other venues of care ------
- Provide follow up on any pending labs/procedures/tests that result post discharge from the hospital Physical Requirements Walking and heavy lifting required, must be able to support ten pounds------ shoulder high in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing is required. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate is very important. Must be able to respond quickly and adapt to a fast paced environment. Education, Experience and Certifications Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred. 3 years nursing experience required. Exp and/or certification in area of specialty may be preferred or required.Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Keywords: Atrium Health, Charlotte , Nurse Clinician - Women's Institute, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!