Surgical Technologist I - CMC Main - Neuro/ENT - FT Days
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Job Req ID: 180278Position Number: 00159696Employment Type: Full TimeShift: DayShift Details: FT DaysStandard Hours:?36.00Department Name: NSG - Operating RoomLocation: Carolinas Medical CenterLocation Details:? Carolinas Medical CenterCarolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth??Job Summary Applies surgical technology skills to assist in providing patient care in the surgical suite while maintaining a safe work environment and performing all related job responsibilities. Ensures quality patient care during the operative procedure, and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field. Essential Functions
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of aseptic technique and its application.
- Assists in obtaining and organizing supplies and instruments prior, during and after surgical procedure.
- Assists Registered Nurse circulator in preparation of patient, assembly of supplies, instruments, equipment and proper disposition of all specimens; assists with all aspects of room turnover.
- Performs duties according to department policy and procedure.
- Monitors surgical supplies for sterility prior to use and ensures that supplies are used in a judicious manner, charges are documented/submitted accurately and appropriately.
- Monitors and documents sterilization activities for completion.
- Attends in-services/staff meetings; exhibits knowledge of current department related issues and participates in Performance Improvement Process.
- Participates in educational opportunities to increase competency and meet personal needs and goals.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, and standards. Physical RequirementsWorks with occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals. Ability to communication and write. Strenuous physical effort will require walking, stretching, bending, climbing stairs, twisting, and squatting or kneeling while performing tasks. May have lengthy periods of standing. Requires frequent use of side vision, lifting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds. Use of both hands and all fingers and is required to use hands for gripping, speed work and precision during the operation equipment/instruments and movement/positioning of surgical patients. Vision and hearing for distances of up to twenty 20 feet is required, depth perception and able to distinguish basic colors is required. Ability to work for lengthy, or irregular work hours, rotating shifts, working on hard surfaces, being near moving equipment, changes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens. Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider required. Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology required. Current certification preferred. ?At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.?As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.?Posting Notes: Not ApplicableCarolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Its diverse network of facilities includes academic medical centers, approximately 38 hospitals, freestanding emergency department, more than 700 physician practices, behavioral health center, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care services, and nursing homes.For nearly 70 years, our system of exceptional facilities has been providing care that improves our community and the lives of our patients and employees.At Carolinas HealthCare System, we are One team, delivering care through more than 11 million patient encounters. Our teammates share millions of reasons to be proud of their work and the contributions they make every day. We invite you to learn more about Carolinas HealthCare System, and discover all the possibilities ONE system has to offer.
Keywords: Atrium Health, Charlotte , Surgical Technologist I - CMC Main - Neuro/ENT - FT Days, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!