Armed Security Officer - Atrium Health's Carolinas Medical Center FT Nights
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Oversees a fixed post or patrols an assigned area to preserve peace
and order, to protect persons and property, and to perform duties
relating to the welfare and safety of the team members, patients,
visitors, and property of Atrium Health. Reports any unauthorized
or suspicious persons, unsafe conditions or other irregularities.
First responder to any imminent threat to life or safety.
- Enforces the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of
- Provides assistance to team members, patients, and
- Assists with traffic and parking patrol, which may require the
operation of an Atrium Health Security vehicle.
- Documents observations, hazards, and incidents for follow-up
- Appropriately and effectively intervenes when unruly, abusive,
combative, threatening or armed persons are encountered.
- Communicates in a calm, factual, objective and courteous manner
with all persons with whom communication or collaboration are
- Initial armed response to any imminent situation that threatens
the life or safety of anyone on Atrium Health property.
- Takes immediate corrective action against hazards and
conditions which may cause injury or damage, utilizing training and
authority granted under NC Private Protective services and pursuant
to NC General Statute.
- Reports any actions needed or taken to upper management. Acts
as Field Training Officer.
- Successfully completes all mandated in-service training related
to NC Private Protective Services Board to maintain armed security
- Demonstrates capability of communicating and demonstrating all
skills required for the position as assessed through periodic
skills assessments. Maintains all training and competency as
required to maintain NC Private Protective Services Armed Security
May have to run or exert intense physical effort in moving or
restraining others. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity.
Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others.
Walks/stands for extended periods of time, both inside and outside
in a fast-paced environment. May be exposed to unfavorable weather
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School diploma/GED required. Must possess a valid driver's
license. Must be at least 21 years of age. 2 years experience in
private security (healthcare and/or armed preferred),
security-related military, or law enforcement required. Ability to
obtain and maintain an Armed Guard license as required by the NC
Private Protective Services. Must complete or have completed
training from Atrium Health that includes but is not limited to:
Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/De-escalation, defensive tactics,
baton, TASER, and firearms. Must successfully complete Atrium
Health minimum standards for armed security officers including
acceptable firearms proficiency, background investigation, physical
ability and psychological testing within 90 days of hire. Must
obtain IAHSS Basic and Advanced Certification within 1 year of
Keywords: Atrium Health, Charlotte , Armed Security Officer - Atrium Health's Carolinas Medical Center FT Nights, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!