Global Director of Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Job - Charlotte, NC
Company: Talentcare, LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Alpek Polyester is a global leader in the production of PTA
(Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins and
PET Recycling (rPET), Specialty Polymers; Polyester Fibers (Staple
and Filament). This integrated business services customers all over
the world using its global network of manufacturing sites in
Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab
Emirates, United Kingdom, and United States.Polyester is not only
in the name of our business, it is the essence of our business and
who we are. From our start in Mexico with the production of raw
materials (monomers) for its creation, then on to the production of
fibers and resins, and expanding into specialty polymers; the
unique properties of polyester have enabled us to become leaders in
recycling and creating circular economies. This unique material is
the foundation of our journey started nearly 50 years ago and one
that is growing every year. Join us on our global polyester
journey!We are committed to improving people's lives through our
products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and
protecting the environment.Alpek Polyester is a division of Alpek,
the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa,
S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico's largest corporations.Alpek
Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export
regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national
security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary
employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA,
LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job Duties and
ResponsibilitiesThe Global Director of Safety, Health and
Environmental (SHE) will create a culture of Operational Excellence
to deliver performance that creates a competitive advantage in the
area of safety, health, and the environment for Alpek Polyester.
This position will report to Global Operations Vice-President and
manage a global team of professionals, including regional managers,
and associated sub-regional and site-based Managers, Engineers, and
Technicians. The preferred location is Charlotte, NC or other
location that facilitates global travel to the sites and accessible
to management.This leader will be accountable for the global
company processes to:
- Set the global standards for Health, Safety and Environmental
(SHE) across the approximately 24 sites for manufacturing and
office administration with approximately 4,000 employees across the
- Develop SHE programs that embodies Operational Excellence
principles; delivering the tools needed for each site to excel in
its safety and environment performance with top decile results at
optimal cost. The program must address culture, leadership,
process, compliance, and measurement elements needed to ensure
- Implement SHE programs, in partnership with each Site Leader
and Country Manager to have the process in place for the Site
Leader to meet performance commitment in the SHE area.
- Create and maintain a compliance system, assessing the
effectiveness of each program, identifies gaps, raises issues to
site leadership, measures the performance with appropriate KPIs and
raises compliance issues to management.
- Lead strong collaboration with site leaders to implement
programs, maintain the system and address performance issues as a
- Provide ongoing feedback to leadership as to performance,
compliance, and opportunities to improve.
- Lead and implement robust Process Safety Management
- Lead and implement robust safety requirements in order to lead
the company to the top decile TRR.
- Process to ensure regulatory requirements are well understood
and ensure the company always meets those requirements.
- Manage high deductible Worker's Compensation insurance
- Develop scope and provide leadership regarding the company's
Emergency Response Teams at each site.
- Lead SHE Project Management Process to add capability as needed
to meet requirements.
- Follow Operational Excellence Principles of high performance
using a lean cost approach.
- Manage interactions with Governmental entities directly or
though the Law Firms, depending on specific
situations.QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical/ Environmental/ Safety
Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Science,
or related field.
- 10 years of leadership experience in related roles overseeing
regulatory, health, safety, and environmental requirements in a
manufacturing and/or laboratory environment working with/within a
- Experience with environmental permitting, hazardous chemical
and waste management, and familiarity with ISO 14001/45001 and any
- Experience leading global health and safety initiatives, SHE
programs development and development of a strong safety
- Sound knowledge of global environmental, health and safety
regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of multi-country OSHA and similar guidelines,
Worker's Compensation, EPA, FDA requirements and all other SHE
- Previous experience designing and executing an effective
chemical compliance program.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 50% of the time.Type:
Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 115606
Keywords: Talentcare, LLC, Charlotte , Global Director of Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Job - Charlotte, NC, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!