Adult Acute Care New Graduate RN Full Time All Locations
Posted on: September 20, 2023
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible (varies by location). In
addition to the bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible
for robust benefits packages, paid time off, relocation assistance
and a Career Advancement Ladder.
Adult Acute Care -Clinical Specialties include: Cardiac-Telemetry,
Epilepsy, Family Medicine, Medical-Surgical, Neuroscience,
Observation, Orthopedics/Trauma, Post-Surgical, Progressive Care
Central: Atrium Health's Carolinas Medical Center , Atrium Health
Southern: Atrium Health Pineville
Western: Atrium Health Cleveland , Atrium Health Kings Mountain ,
Atrium Health Lincoln
Northern: Atrium Health Cabarrus , Atrium Health University
Eastern: Atrium Health Anson , Atrium Health Stanly , Atrium Health
Union, Atrium Health Union West
- New Grad applicants may apply for up to three requisitions and
will be able to select locations of interest inside each
- Opportunities vary by locations and applicants may be
redirected based on opportunities available that best match
A New Graduate RN is a current nursing student who is graduating
from an RN education program or who has already graduated and has
less than six months of clinical experience as a Registered
New Graduate RN's at Atrium Health begin their careers with a
supportive transition to practice experience that promotes
learning, clinical application and peer support. Led by a team of
dedicated nurse educators, the residency program includes clinical
orientation with a preceptor, specialty-specific learning
experiences and a core curriculum that provides a solid foundation
for clinical decision making, interdisciplinary teamwork and
communication and future career development.
The RN Clinical Nurse I provides professional nursing care through
skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning,
implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or
department policies procedures, and/or protocols under the
supervision of the nursing leader. Assists in maintaining a safe
work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a
safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as
appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or
the situation. Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or
potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected,
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and
employs strategies to promote health and a safe
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in
accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity
and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key
stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the
- Integrates evidence and research findings into
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own and others nursing practice in relation to
professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes,
rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain
evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making
activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect
clinical outcomes and promotion.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching,
stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and
support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical
equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable
terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger
dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be
able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit
conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
Current Basic Life Support required per policy guidelines. Current
RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in
the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National
License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency,
meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for
Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or
temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the
state where the RN works.
Keywords: Nurse.com, Charlotte , Adult Acute Care New Graduate RN Full Time All Locations, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!