RN Registered Nurse PT Nights - Observation Unit -Pineville, Atrium Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. In addition to the sign-on
bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust
benefits packages, paid time off, and a Career Advancement Ladder
that rewards you for years of experience within your area of
Registered Nurse (RN) Part Time Night Shift 7p-7a
24 hrs / week
Nursing Observation Unit 2 West - Atrium Health Pineville
2 West is a 33 bed, Observation Medsurg unit, with 32 beds having
the capacity to provide telemetry and/or pulse oximetry monitoring.
The patient population consists of observation status acute care
adult medical and surgical patients. Inpatient holds will be housed
on this unit until an inpatient bed is available. The patients have
a variety of medical diagnoses such as chest pain, post cardiac
catheterization care, post pacemaker, TIA (Transient Ischemic
Attack), rule out stroke, renal failure, diabetes, pneumonia,
dementia, palliative care, general surgery and ortho post-surgical
The RN Clinical Nurse I provides professional nursing care through
skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning,
implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or
department policies procedures, and/or protocols under the
supervision of the nursing leader. Assists in maintaining a safe
work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a
safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as
appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or
the situation. Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or
potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected,
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and
employs strategies to promote health and a safe
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in
accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity
and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key
stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the
- Integrates evidence and research findings into
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own and others nursing practice in relation to
professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes,
rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain
evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making
activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect
clinical outcomes and promotion.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching,
stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and
support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical
equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable
terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger
dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be
able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit
conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according
to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary
license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you
work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC)
state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure
requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License
Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a
Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN
Keywords: Nurse.com, Charlotte , RN Registered Nurse PT Nights - Observation Unit -Pineville, Atrium Health, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!