Registered Respiratory Therapist, Atrium Health Levine Children's Hospital, PT, Weekend Nights
Posted on: September 20, 2023
This position is sign-on bonus eligible! Registered Respiratory
Therapists are eligible for a $15,0000 sign-on bonus with a 2-year
commitment for full time and some part-time positions. In addition
to our robust benefits packages and paid time off, you may be
eligible to participate in the Respiratory Clinical Ladder upon
Job Summary Performs all aspects of direct respiratory care
according to physician's orders and/or approved protocols. Consults
physicians on effectiveness of therapy and makes appropriate
recommendations. Provides appropriate ventilator support and
maintains and monitors other cardiopulmonary life support
equipment. Maintains and properly utilizes respiratory care
- Demonstrates knowledge in various modes and methods of oxygen
delivery and the equipment needed for each and can conduct
prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve adequate
- Administers therapeutic procedures, understanding the purpose
and benefits, and possible effects associated with each.
- Performs diagnostic procedures as outlined in policy.
- Initiates, monitors and maintains mechanical ventilators and
non-invasive ventilators and is aware of the critical care duties
and effects of such therapy.
- Independently evaluates current therapies using appropriate
judgment and protocols, making proper recommendations concerning
plans of care and patient education needs.
- Documents therapy and results as required by hospital,
department and regulatory agencies. Communicates information to
appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Initiates, conducts and modifies respiratory care techniques in
an emergency setting.
- Performs and evaluates blood sampling analysis with a thorough
understanding of the values, and the importance and treatment of
- Works independently in all patient care areas and assists
co-workers with patient care whenever possible.
- Follows departmental safety guidelines. Completes all
- Completes annual proficiency evaluation of respiratory care
equipment and procedures.
- Is proficient in the electronic medical records and its
interface with the Respiratory Care Department.
Physical Requirements Requires repetitive physical activity. Able
to walk and stand to perform duties. Ability to lift materials
20-50 pounds. Ability to move patients of all age groups. Adequate
hearing and eyesight is necessary. Exposures to working environment
that may include odors, low lighting, and crowded working
Education, Experience and Certifications Graduate of an
AMA-approved school of Respiratory Care. Associate's RRT or RRT
Equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred. Credentialed as a
Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for
Respiratory Care. Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in
the state of North Carolina. Basic Life Support for healthcare
providers thru the American Heart Association. Advanced
certifications per facility policy/standards. For free-standing
Emergency Department, 2 years' critical care experience
Keywords: Nurse.com, Charlotte , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Atrium Health Levine Children's Hospital, PT, Weekend Nights, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!