Registered Nurse (RN) - Carolinas Medical Center - Surgical Trauma ICU (STICU) - FT Nights
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
This position is sign on bonus eligible! Experienced RNs are
eligible for a bonus of $20,000 for full time night positions,
$15,000 for full time day positions, $10,000 for part time night
positions and $7,500 for part time day positions. In addition to
the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for
robust benefits packages, paid time off, and a career advancement
ladder that rewards you for years of experience within your area of
Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) is the flagship
hospital of Atrium Health, which is distinguished throughout the
Southeastern United States for its excellent patient care and
medical expertise. CMC serves as the region's only Level 1 trauma
center and is an approved , , and . We also serve as one of North
Carolina's 5 Academic Medical Center Teaching Hospitals, providing
residency training for more than 200 physicians in 15 specialties
and serve as a regional campus for Wake Forest University School of
Medicine, based in Winston-Salem, NC.
The RN Clinical Nurse I provides professional nursing care through
skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning,
implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or
department policies procedures, and/or protocols under the
supervision of the nursing leader. Assists in maintaining a safe
work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a
safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as
appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or
the situation. Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or
potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected,
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and
employs strategies to promote health and a safe
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in
accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity
and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key
stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the
- Integrates evidence and research findings into
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own and others nursing practice in relation to
professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes,
rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain
evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making
activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect
clinical outcomes and promotion.
Physical RequirementsWork requires walking, standing, sitting,
lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be
able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling
patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in
good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell,
and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to
concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient
and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing
required.Education, Experience and Certifications.Graduate from an
accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred. Current Basic Life
Support required per policy guidelines. Current RN license or
temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in
which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License
Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the
licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National
License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as
a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN
Keywords: Atrium Health, Charlotte , Registered Nurse (RN) - Carolinas Medical Center - Surgical Trauma ICU (STICU) - FT Nights, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!