Registered Nurse - Endocrinology
Company: Tryon Medical Partners
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Registered Nurse - Endocrinology -Applicants please note: All
Tryon employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or
apply for and receive an exemption to this requirement. Exceptions
will be granted on the basis of medical or religious reasons only.
- -General Job Summary: -Responsible for providing professional
nursing care for patients including assessment, treatment, care
planning, and medical care evaluation by following established
standards and practices. -Assists physicians and staff in
coordinating patient care. -Functions as primary liaison between
patients, staff and Internal Medicine -physicians. -(This is a
full-time position that will support our Endocrinology team at
Steele Creek).Primary Job Responsibilities/Tasks may include, but
not limited to: - -Direct Patient Services:
- Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient
- Obtains and documents health history, information on chief
complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses
disease condition. -
- Provides patient care based on practice guidelines, standards
of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions,
administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents
treatment progress and patient response. -
- Delegates as allowed under the Nurse Practice Act. Refers
to/consults with physicians, other health providers, and community
resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns. -
- Educates patients and families about health status, health
maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Documents patient assessment and intervention data using
established medical record forms/automated systems and
- Tracks quality assurance data and monitors for acute and
chronic care management.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent
information. -Posts tests and examination results.
- Order entry with EHR.
- Starting IV's and administering IV fluids.
- Everything under the Medical assistant A (patient care
responsibilities) should also be included in the RN
responsibilities. -Add the specifics in rather than stating it this
- Complete forms and prior authorizations for medications. -
- Be the point person for emergencies/triage walk ins (Chest
pain, hypoglycemia, syncope). -
- Participate in code blue as necessary.
- Medication refills.
- Patient education regarding insulin, MDI use.
- Assist MAs as needed with any and all their responsibilities as
need arises in order to maintain adequate patient flow or as needed
by the provider.
- Other duties as assigned.Nurse Triage:
- Serves as the first escalation point for telephone calls and
message received by Medical Assistant. Talks directly to the
patient on the telephone.
- Performs short evaluation of the patient situation to estimate
severity of illness and/or injury including learning about chief
complaint and, as possible, obtaining vital sign and mental status
- Determines urgency of seeing the patient based on brief
assessment and on familiarity with a patient's condition and
- Directs patient to the appropriate site of care during office
hours, to their provider or other available practice providers and
urgent care centers.
- Sends patients with high-risk chief complaints such as chest
pain, abdominal pain, or severe headaches to ER immediately or
arranges for ambulance etc.
- Provides appropriate home health advice to patients who do not
need to go directly to the ER.
- Ensures accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are
recorded in the patients' record via the clinical computer
- Arranges appointments for patients who do not need to go to ER
but need to see a physician. Consults with physician as
- Responds to routine information requests from patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -RequirementsEducation and
- RN degree. Completion of nursing training from an accredited
school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current state registered nurse license.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Maintain American Heart Association BLS
- Minimum of one-year professional nursing experience, clinic
- E.H.R. utilization.
- Serving customers in person and on the phone.Physical
- Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting,
reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and support weight of 35 pounds.
- Ability to concentrate on details.
- Use of computer for long periods of time.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Tryon Medical Partners, Charlotte , Registered Nurse - Endocrinology, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...