Wellness Director - Nurse
Company: Brookdale East Broad
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Make Lives Better Including Your Own.If you want to
work in an environment where you can become your best possible
self, join us! You'll earn more than a paycheck; you can find
opportunities to grow your career through professional development,
as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and
wellness.Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and
retirement plans are available and vary by employment status.
Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate DiscountsThis is an incentive based
position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission
plans.Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.Please note, Brookdale is
committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations
regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.Responsibilities:Manages
the day-to-day clinical services of the community to ensure
residents' healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated
with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as residents'
healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides leadership, as
well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other direct care staff
within the community. The HWD level for each community is
determined based on the total complexity of the role. Complexity
criteria include, but are not limited to, factors such as size,
type of product lines, medication management regulations, 90-day
assessment requirements, multiple licensure requirements, state
regulatory complexity, and skilled services requiring an RN.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based
licensed, certified, and non-certified clinical associates.
- Assigns and directs work of subordinates; appraises
performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses
complaints and resolves problems.
- Provides training and education to caregivers on an ongoing
basis with classroom in-services and situation-specific
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and
psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service
plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident,
evaluates effectiveness and maximizes the resident's opportunity to
remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the
dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures
that family members are aware of the resident's need for scheduled
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described or allowed in Nurse Practice
Act or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident to
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and
notifies Executive Director, resident's physician, and resident's
legally responsible party/family of resident's condition and
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents' status and
condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician
appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care
issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate
parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist,
doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance,
etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers' Compensation claims by
appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and
involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by their
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
- Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Clinical leadership
- Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic
- Skilled nursing experience may be required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Must have valid driver's
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness, or a
combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and
desire to understand the culture and work environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Requires Driving: Drives self (Tier 2)
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale East Broad, Charlotte , Wellness Director - Nurse, Healthcare , Statesville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!