Certified Medical Assistant- Family Medicine
Company: Novant Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Novant Health is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to perform
various office and clinical duties to keep our healthcare practice
running efficiently. You will also work directly with healthcare
practice staff to collect test samples, maintain patient records,
explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic
examinations. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets
quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine
#NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and
inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team
member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing
remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities.
Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to
our exciting career opportunities.
Keywords: CMA, Certified Medical Assistant, Medical Assistant
- Education: High school or GED required. Must be a graduate from
an accredited Medical Assistant Program that includes an externship
in a clinical setting
Medical Assistant curriculum must include pharmacology and
medication administration. A fully online medical assistant program
for the entire curriculum is not approved. Certification/registry
must be obtained by the last day of the six month of hire, and
education agreement signed.
- Experience: Previous work in a medical setting preferred.
- Alternative Work Experience (for eligibility to take NHA, ARMA,
NHCWA, NCCT, NAHP or AMT exams, if not already certified or
registered on hire): Applicant shall be employed as a supervised
medical assistant for a minimum of one (1) year (NHA or NHCWA)
within the last three (3) years, for a minimum of 2 years (NCCT,
NAHP), for a minimum of 3 years (ARMA), for a minimum of 5 years
(AMT) of the last 7 years (with no more than 2 of those years as an
instructor in a post-secondary medical assistant program).
- Or graduate of an Accredited School of Professional Nursing.
Experience must include both clinical (including medication
administration) and administrative duties.
- CMA with the American Associate of Medical Assistants
- CCMA with the National Health Career Association (NHA)
- RMA with the American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Registry of Medical Assistants (NHCWA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- RMA with the American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA)
Refer to Life Support Training Policy NH-HR-3096.
- Additional skills required: Ability to successfully complete
generic and department specific skills validation and competency
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to
deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension,
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team
work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging
diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a
safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No
Harm". Associated topics: blood collection, hematopathology,
medical laboratory science, mls, pathology, scientist, technician
iii, technician iv, technician lab, testing
Keywords: Novant Health, Charlotte , Certified Medical Assistant- Family Medicine, Healthcare , Denver, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!