Registered Nurse - General Adult Behavioral Health
Company: Novant Health
Posted on: January 12, 2021
Presbyterian Medical Center - Behavioral Health RN
Are you seeking a career that will challenge you to never stop
short of remarkable? Do you have a passion for providing
outstanding patient care and lead by example in an acute care
setting? Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets
quality service, in every dimension, every time.
Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center is seeking a Behavioral
Health General Adult RN to serve as leaders of the healthcare team
by establishing an authentic, personalized relationship with the
patient and their support system. Let Novant Health be the
destination for your professional growth.
Novant Health is an integrated system of physician practices,
hospitals, outpatient centers, and more - each element committed to
delivering a remarkable healthcare experience for patients and
their families. With world-class technology, personal connections,
and care that's easier to access and understand, Novant Health is
with patients every step of the way on their journey to health and
About Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center Behavioral Health
- Acute Care Inpatient Facility with 75 patient beds with a total
of 4 units:
- Child and Adolescent Unit - 15 Beds
- Therapeutic Adult Unit - 16 Beds
- General Adult Unit - 20 Beds
- Intensive Management Unit - 24 Beds
About Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center:
- 592 bed, non-profit regional medical center located in
- Offers a full range of medical, surgical, rehabilitative, and
behavioral health sciences
- Magnet Recognized
- The first Charlotte hospital to be designated an Advanced
Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Novant Health's first facility to receive a trauma
Nursing at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center
- Shared governance
- Clinical ladder program
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Salaries commensurate upon experience
- Relocation assistance available for qualifying applicants
- On-site pharmacy
- Recognized as a leader in improving the quality of healthcare
by many national independent organizations
Benefits of work at Novant Health:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- 403b and matching program
- Potential Incentive Pay for nights and weekend only Assistant
- Leadership development programs, tuition reimbursements, &
financial assistance with certifications
- Recognized as one of the 50 best places for women and managers
of diverse backgrounds to work
To learn more about Novant Health as an organization, its culture,
Team Members and the communities we serve, visit .
Hear what our nurses have to say about our culture!
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and
inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team
member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing
remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities.
Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to
our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred. Graduate of an
accredited school of nursing required. If your RN nursing license
has been inactive, retired or lapsed for five years or more and you
have not been licensed in another state during the last five years,
successful completion of a Board approved refresher course is
required prior to reactivating or reinstating your license. In
order to be considered for current licensure status, you must apply
for reinstatement within one year of completing the refresher
- Experience: One year relevant experience preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure in
appropriate state required. CPI certification within three months
of hire required. PALS for adolescent unit preferred.
- Additional Skills Required: Ability to perform all CPI physical
holds. Ability to care for Behavioral Health age specific patients
within facility. Ability to establish and maintain control of
violent patients, defend self and others against violent assaults,
ability to react appropriately in psychiatric crises, ability use
violent and non-violent restraints per policy and procedure.
Ability to comprehend policies and procedures and collaborate with
an interdisciplinary team. Ability to intervene in a therapeutic
manner for behavior patterns demonstrated by patients with a mental
illness, personality disorder, substance abuse or developmental
disabilities. Knowledge of psychiatric medications, side effects
and treatment interventions, knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis,
mental health concepts, and evidence based therapeutic
interventions and treatments.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to
deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension,
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team
work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging
diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a
safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No
Harm". Associated topics: bsn, care, coronary, intensive, maternal,
mhb, neonatal, surgery, tcu, transitional
Keywords: Novant Health, Charlotte , Registered Nurse - General Adult Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!