Instrument Tech - Certified - Atrium Health's CMC - Full Time Second Shift
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Job Req ID: 674861
Position Number: 00173870
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 2nd 1430-2300
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Sterile Proc/Distribution
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: 1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte, NC 28203
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing
- for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our
current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as
possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For
more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.Job
Ensures surgical instruments and equipment are decontaminated,
assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed,
and tracked based on quality and infection prevention
- Adheres to safety standards.
- Identifies, responds & reports malfunctions and/or alarms.
- Performs efficacy and quality testing for all processes and
- Identifies manual and/or mechanical cleaning according to the
manufacturer------s IFU for all general, laparoscopic, orthopedic,
neuro, cardiovascular, power, instrumentation.
- Performs flexible scope processing utilizing High Level
- Determines, prepares, and uses supplies required in the
- Identifies, inspects, assembles general & specialty instruments
checking for cleanliness & functionality utilizing count
- Packages and labels instrumentation following standards.
- Safely determines sterilization equipment functionality,
operation, monitoring, and maintenance with verification and
documentation of sterilization process.
- Performs high temperature (steam) and low temperature (gas
plasma, ethylene oxide, liquid chemical) sterilization.
Works in-patient care areas independently under stressful
conditions. Continuous standing and walking; bending and/or
stooping; reaching and/or stretching; pushing and/or pulling heavy
loads. Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Certified Sterile
Processing Technician (CSPDT) or Certified Registered Central
Service Technician (CRCST) required.At Atrium Health, our patients,
communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care
that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of
more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment
where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our
culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve
our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and
the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Keywords: Atrium Health, Charlotte , Instrument Tech - Certified - Atrium Health's CMC - Full Time Second Shift, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!