Oncology Research RN Specialist
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Job Req ID: 530021
Position Number: 00167347
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: LCI Clinical Trials
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing
- for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our
current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as
possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For
more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.Job
Assists with the coordination of clinical, regulatory, business,
and other research- related activities and documentation for
clinical trials conducted by the Levine Cancer Institute, following
industry standards and applicable regulations including FDA/OHRP
guidances, GCP and ICH.
- Assists with clinical, regulatory, business, and other
documentation associated with oncology research projects/clinical
trials within LCI.
- Participates in the study project start-up activity, working
with the PI and others to initiate new research projects.
- Maintains protocol amendments, deviations, and informed consent
changes regarding oncology research studies, assuring all
documentation is managed compliantly and maintained in an
- Maintains appropriate documentation, (i.e. FDA Form 1572, CTSU
documentation, IRB approval letters, ICFs, etc.) for assigned
- Assists in maintenance of filing systems, data repositories and
- Assists in the monitoring of clinical trial compliance by
reporting issues and problems appropriately.
- Obtains required documentation (forms, slides, reports, etc.)
to assess patient eligibility for research studies.
- Contacts local research staff to confirm scheduling of
tests/treatments required by protocol.
- Obtains and completes data for patients enrolled on clinical
- Completes Case Report Forms (CRFs) maintaining high level of
- Completes/resolves queries from sponsors.
- Obtains required forms, slides, reports, and other information
needed to assess patient eligibility.
- Prepares and submits information from patient's chart and other
source documents on appropriate data
- Assists with inventory, ordering, organization and distribution
of supplies related to assigned trials.
- Maintains supply inventory with critical focus on expiry
- Maintains regulatory binder for review at monitoring
- Maintains patient shadow charts with appropriate source
- Completes registration for patient enrollment and maintains
status in sponsor and LCI databases.
- Assists with the coordination of research monitor visits and
audits; prepares appropriate data.
- Assists in the collection, preparation and shipping of
- Assists with the coordination of required protocol-related
activities such as tests and treatments using CTMS.
- Assists in writing/updating Informed Consents with PI and
- Supports the clinical trial team to efficiently complete tasks
including documentation/submissions, Serious Adverse Events
(SAEs)/safety reports, FDA Form 1572, DARFs, ClinicalTrials.gov
Primarily works in an office setting. Requires full range of body
motion; sitting for extensive periods of time; walking, standing,
reading, and writing/keyboarding. Occasionally lifts and carries
items weighing up to 35 pounds. Requires corrected vision and
hearing within normal range. Must speak and read/write clearly in
English. Must be able to be mobile within the entire healthcare
system and other locations that participate in LCI clinical
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must hold a valid North Carolina or South Carolina (as applicable)
Board of Nursing license. Graduate of an accredited nursing program
(ADN, RN) required. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN), or higher,
preferred. CPR certification required. Previous experience in a
healthcare setting preferred, especially cancer care and/or
clinical research. Certification in clinical research (SoCRA, ACRP,
RAPS, etc.) preferred.At Atrium Health, our patients, communities
and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment
to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is
superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than
900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment
where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our
culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve
our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and
the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Keywords: Atrium Health, Charlotte , Oncology Research RN Specialist, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!