Plasma Center Nurse - LPN or RN - Day 1 Benefit Package! Great Opportu
Company: BioLife Plasma Services
Posted on: May 24, 2020
This position may require up to 6 weeks of paid travel for
training.Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical
company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the
center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism -
Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance - and are united by
our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future
for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.Here,
everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our
inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on
people's lives - including your own.BioLife, a subsidiary of
Takeda, is an industry leader in operating high quality
plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States. At BioLife
Plasma Services, we excel at caring. Caring for the quality of our
lifesaving services, caring for the donors who help make it happen,
and caring for the communities we call home. Improving Lives.
Improving life for everyone. BioLife's employment opportunities are
among the best, offering competitive pay, immediate benefits, paid
time off, on the job training, advancement potential AND an
environment full of fast-paced fun all while working to save
lives.Job SummaryPrimary RoleThe Medical Support Specialist
determines donor eligibility to donate plasma, management of donor
adverse events, review of laboratory test results, donor
notification of unsuitable test results. The Medical Support
Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Center Manager
(or Assistant Manager as applicable) for operational guidance and
under the supervision of the Center Physician for medical issues.
Ideally, the Medical Support Specialist will be familiar with
regulations of the plasma collection industry and/or a
manufacturing environment. The Medical Support Specialist follows
guidance provided by BioLife Medical Affairs and provides center
level support of environmental, health and safety (EHS). Essential
- Donor Eligibility
- Determine donor eligibility accurately and in a timely manner,
to include, proper management of informed consent, AIDS education
and confidential self-exclusion, medical history interview and
acceptance requirements, physical examination, blood testing, and
reviewing Serological Protein Electrophoresis (SPE) as
- Evaluate and manage donor reaction(s), which occurs at the
facility as outlined in the SOPs. Follow applicable SOPs for
medical emergencies including the execution of Center Physician's
standing orders and donor transport to emergency care
- Manage donor deferral; reviews test results and notify donors
of unsuitable test results per applicable SOPs.
- Initiation and investigation of Post Donation Information
- Refer to the Center Physician or Medical Affairs (as
applicable) when in need of providing unacceptable findings to
donors, problem solving, or guidance concerning medical or
technical issues, including donor safety and eligibility.
- Demonstrate continued competency in the performance of job
responsibilities and complete periodic assessment with the Center
Physician per applicable SOPs.
- Assist the EHS program as required per SOPs or as requested by
the EHS Manager
- Conduct pre-placement evaluation of new hires to include
assessment of medical history questionnaire.
- Support the Hepatitis B and Seasonal Flu vaccination programs
for employees as applicable.
- Maintain applicable employee medical records.
- Member of EHS site committee and assist in training of
employees, as required.
- Administer first aid to employees as needed.
- Act as Pandemic Coordinator when authorized by EHS.
- Manage employee incidents and determine whether further
evaluation is required by occupational health/ER. Refer to EHS
guiding regarding employee incidents.
- Supports investigations associated with pandemic threats within
local community as indicated by EHS or Medical Affairs.
- May perform all required duties in the area of Medical History
(including, but not limited to):
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature
measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor
measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
- Enter donor information into the Donor Information System
(DIS).Education & Experience RequirementsEssential: Graduate of a
recognized educational program.Key Skills and Competencies
- Able to satisfactorily complete the FDA approved training
requirements for BioLife Medical Support Specialist.
- Effective communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willingness to work with other the Center Medical Team members
to ensure coverage of all operating hours.
- Willingness to travel preferred.
- Graduate of a recognized educational program.
- Currently licensed or certified in the state duties will be
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED
- Fulfillment of state requirements (in state of licensure) for
basic IV therapy.
- Minimum of two years in a clinical or hospital setting
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but NOT required.Other Job
- Routinely makes decisions determining donor eligibility.
- Seeks guidance from Center Physician and Center Management
(including Quality) for medium to high impact decisions and urgent
matters.Internal and External Contacts
- Regularly advises and consults with donors/customers
- Seeks guidance from Center Physician (Internal)
- Coordinates with Center Management team and Quality to ensure
successful operation standards are met (Internal)Other Requirements
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Attend monthly staff meetings, and other team meetings as
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Willingness to travel preferred. (less than 10%) Notice to
Employment/Recruitment Agents: Employment/Recruitment agents may
only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written
authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Takeda's Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate
submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency
through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned
subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted
or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place
between the Employment/Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned
subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the
Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by
Employment/Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or
submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any
Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration. Equal
Employment OpportunityShire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda,
is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate
against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual
orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender
reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability,
genetic information, veteran status, military service, application
for military service, or membership in any other category protected
under law.EEO is the Law - is the Law - Supplement - Transparency
Policy - AccommodationsShire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda,
is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation
to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application process, or in order to perform the
essential functions of a position, please call and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information.
Keywords: BioLife Plasma Services, Charlotte , Plasma Center Nurse - LPN or RN - Day 1 Benefit Package! Great Opportu, Healthcare , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!