Government Compliance Manager (Contract/Grant and Security Officer)
Company: Albemarle Netherlands BV
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Government Compliance Manager (Contract/Grant and Security
Officer) page is loaded Government Compliance Manager
(Contract/Grant and Security Officer) Apply locations Charlotte NC
USA time type Full time posted on Posted 29 Days Ago job
requisition id REQ-21829 Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are
we.When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better
tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's
largest and most critical industries, from energy and
communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting
innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be
a part of it.Job DescriptionAlbemarle Corporation is looking for
Government Compliance Manager (Contract/Grant and Security Officer)
in the Capital Projects Finance team to contribute and grow into a
key member of the team. Based in Charlotte, NC, this position will
work closely with the Finance, Capital Projects and Global Business
Services teams and key stakeholders within Albemarle. The
Compliance Manager will be a liaison between Albemarle and the
government agencies and serves as primary point of contact for DOEs
regarding the compliance with the Research, Technology and Economic
Security (RTES) requirements This role will be responsible for
managing a positive working relationship among all stakeholders,
and for meeting government specific reporting and invoicing
requirements. This individual will work collaboratively across
various functional areas all while maintaining the Albemarle
values. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Negotiating, preparing, and monitoring contracts
modifications/change order, reviewing invoices, billing rates and
analyzing both direct and indirect rates, to include:
- Working with Division/Sector to obtain updated to most current,
complete, accurate pricing and billing data.
- Reviews with Senior Business and Finance Leaders to monitor
indirect rates throughout the year and assess impact on
- Liaison with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), Defense
Contract Management Agency (DCMA), Administrative Contracting
Officer (ACO) and state/local agency auditors.
- Provides written responses to inquiries from after receiving
any inquiry and is available upon reasonable notice for discussions
with DOE on matters relating to the enforcement of and compliance
with the RTES requirements.
- Continuously monitors compliance with the RTES requirements and
ensures the day-to-day compliance.
- Manage all federal government contract audits.
- Develops, maintains, and provides oversight of any RTES
- Maintaining the Business Unit Truth in Negotiation Act (TINA)
- Supporting employees with the interpretation and application of
FAR, DFARs and CAS as well as any other specific agency
- Lead and prepare cost proposal portion of all government
Request For Proposals (RFP).
- Monthly variance reporting comparing actual base, pool and rate
costs with proposed base, pools, and rates.
- Annual Incurred Cost Submissions (ICS) for business units.
- Planning and coordinating independent monitoring and reviews of
business systems in accordance with applicable regulations, laws,
and professional standards to ensure continued approved status of
major business processes and systems required to do business with
US Government, to include:
- Leading reviews of internal controls and related DFARS Business
Systems (e.g. procurement system,) and Government Owned Property
etc.) to promote compliance with applicable regulations.
- Preparing and conducting business system risk assessment and
providing guidance to adequately mitigate risks.
- Collaborating with management and Business System owners in
documenting processes and assisting with the creation of robust
management monitoring activities.
- Based on analyses, developing recommendations for corrective
action(s) and specific new reports for production from the
company's business systems.
- Analyzing and responding to regulatory questions from internal
and external sources by interpreting Company policy, Defense
Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency
(DCMA) guidance, and applicable federal and state governmental
- Participates in the development and modification of
accounting/financial policies, procedures, internal controls, and
practices to ensure the accounting/finance and cost control
activities are successfully implemented and meet overall business
objectives and required regulatory standards.
- Supports compliance monitoring activities (e.g.
self-assessments, internal audits, external audits).
- Provides guidance on issues of compliance with government
rules, regulations and oversight.
- Evaluate system of self-governance/monitoring, compliance
training including RTES, instructions and/or practices, as
- Interacting with management, analyzing, and planning accounting
treatments while considering the overall company objectives.
- Researching complex technical issues and serving in an advisory
- Third party and subrecipients/subcontractors compliance
monitoring, invoice review and third-party monitor put in place to
assess the recipient's compliance with the RTES requirements
- Performing other duties and special projects as assigned
- Must be a non-dual U.S. citizen who is eligible to hold a
security clearance at least at the Secret level, and physically
resides in the United States (the position may require obtaining
and maintaining at least Secret level security clearance).
- Two years' experience with RETS compliance monitoring as a
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance, Business Management
(or a related field) from an accredited institution
- 10+ years of related professional experience - OR - a master's
degree in a business field with 8+ years of related professional
- General application of Government Accounting and Business
System concepts, and principles.
- Experience with FAR/DFARS Contractor Business Systems
- Effective oral and written communication/presentation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Ability to work effectively with DCAA & DCMA auditors.
- Proficient in DFARS Business Systems, particularly Accounting,
Procurement, MMAS and Estimating.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a
collaborative team environment. Choose to unlock your full
POTENTIAL . Apply today. About Us From Charlotte to Shanghai, your
career will have an international reach.We are a global specialty
chemicals company with leading positions in lithium, bromine and
refining catalysts. Working side-by-side with our customers, we
develop value-added, customized solutions that make them more
competitive. Discovering and implementing new and better
performance-based sustainable solutions is what motivates all of
us. We think beyond business-as-usual to drive innovations that
create lasting value.Realize your POTENTIAL with Albemarle.At
Albemarle, we believe that our people make us successful. It's
really that simple. We embrace diversity of experience, talent and
thought. We work hard to create an inclusive work environment that
empowers you to openly and honestly communicate, create and
innovate. Your decision to join our team will be rewarded with a
positive, team-oriented workplace that inspires personal and
professional growth. We will make every effort to support your
career goals and create opportunities for you to realize your full
potential. This is our culture. This is our commitment. AS PART OF
OUR GLOBAL TEAM, YOU'LL EXPERIENCE:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Hands-on technical experience
- Job variety and career flexibility
- Collaboration with seasoned employees at every level
- A proven record of innovation
- Company-wide focus on economic and environmental
- Deep commitment to our communities, education and social
- Concern and compassion for fellow employees
- Among the best safety records in the industryThe bottom-line:
no matter where you apply your talent and training, Albemarle will
provide the resources and support you need to succeed.EEO is The
Law - click here to see more information Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Albemarle Netherlands BV, Charlotte , Government Compliance Manager (Contract/Grant and Security Officer), Government & Protective Services , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!