Commercial Real Estate Relationship Manager 2 (Community Lending & Investment)
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Job DescriptionImportant Note: During the application process,
ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to
date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your
application for consideration. To participate in some selection
activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The
invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to
receive text message invitations, your profile must include a
mobile phone number designated as Personal Cell or Cellular in the
contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs
and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people
who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join
our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired
to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across
the United States and globally. Our four major business lines
include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking,
Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also
have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human
relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support
Wholesale Commercial Real Estate (WCRE) operates throughout the
United States, as well as Canada and the United Kingdom, to deliver
a comprehensive platform of financing and banking products for
experienced commercial real estate companies including balance
sheet lending, CMBS origination and distribution, loan servicing,
agency financing for multifamily properties, and debt and equity
capital for affordable housing.
Community Lending and Investment (CLI) is responsible for investing
debt and equity capital for economic development, job creation and
affordable housing in areas of need nationwide. The vertically
integrated group offers a suite of debt and equity products,
including Low Income Housing Tax Credits, New Market Tax Credits,
construction finance and permanent finance for affordable housing,
and Charter School Finance, serving for-profit and non-profit
developers and other organizations.
The Commercial Real Estate Relationship Manager 2 position is on
the CLI Debt team which provides financing products that include
construction and permanent financing of both ground-up development
and the acquisition & rehabilitation of existing affordable housing
properties. The majority of our financing is structured around the
use of the federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit program in
addition to federal, state, and local housing subsidies.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited
- Regular calling efforts on customers and prospects to solicit
opportunities for construction financing and other banking
- Conducting initial review of new lending opportunities and
preparing term sheets and letters of interest
- Underwriting credit requests and complete approval documents
and other supporting documentation for new loan requests,
extensions and modifications
- Managing and maintaining credit quality of existing loan
- Completing Quarterly Status Reports using the Portfolio Review
Tool (PRT) for each relationship and related loan(s).
- Maintaining credit and entity files in good order according to
bank and department standards
- Completing and updating financial reviews for borrowers and
guarantors at the time of new credit request and as needed for
- Coordinating critical path items such as appraisal engagement,
costing and engineering reviews, environmental reviews, and credit
investigations on new transactions
- Close coordination with internal partners including CLI Equity
team members, Loan Administrators and Client Service Managers.
- Keeping the Office Manager (OM) and Credit Supervisor abreast
of important issues relating to loan portfolio
- Appropriately initiating loan grades and maintaining
appropriate loan grading during the term of the credit.
- Monitoring and approving monthly construction draws.
- Completing required annual compliance and other trainings.
- Representing CLI and Wells Fargo at industry events and
- Working closely with OM to target high potential, high
probability business opportunities
Team members support our focus on building strong customer
relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and
compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those
disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and
company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk
programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory
Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to
applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately
fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective
escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk
decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance,
risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk
decisions commensurate with the business units risk appetite and
all risk and compliance program requirements.
Location: Washington, DC; Charlotte, NC & Philadelphia, PARequired
- 2+ years of account relationship or credit analyst experience;
or successful completion of Wells Fargo Wholesale Credit Management
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications,
and utilize search tools to find information
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze
- Strong technical/computer skills to maintain various models,
and handle multiple ad hoc requests
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Balance sheet lending experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the Low Income Housing Tax
Credit (LIHTC) program
- Sales or business development experience
- Real estate finance experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Charlotte , Commercial Real Estate Relationship Manager 2 (Community Lending & Investment), Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!