Commodity Management & Sourcing Co
Company: Collins Aerospace
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Date Posted:2019-01-29-08:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:HNC04: Headquarters - Charlotte Aero 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USACollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Support the commodity managers in develop a sourcing strategy for the mechanical fabrication commodity
- Coordinate the Standard Work Transfer projects for supporting the low cost initiatives
- Prepare Request for Quotation and issue them to the Supply base
- Compliance with all aspects of the Collins Procurement Manual, Collins Aerospace Code of Ethics, International Trade Compliance, & Transition Standard Work (TSW).
- Review Purchase Part variation (PPV) at Part level on a weekly basis
- Engage with the relevant Strategic Sourcing team and participate in long-term sourcing decisions.
- Interaction with Regional Office personnel such as Delivery Assurance Specialists, Supplier Quality Assurance Representatives (SQARs) & the Continuous Improvement Specialists providing procurement & materials management for the commodities.
- Ensure cost analysis/price justification, market share appropriations, & placement of schedule agreements are completed on-time & in compliance with all appropriate regulations & procedures.
- Support the commodity team in other tasks as requested
Education / Certifications: Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or other related field from an accredited institution.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors degree in Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or other related field from an accredited institution.
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently with some direction
- Professional who is results oriented and a team player
- Great collaborator willing to reach out to subject matter experts for help and also be patient and calm under pressure
- Prior internship experience preferred but not required
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Charlotte , Commodity Management & Sourcing Co, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!