Posted on: February 15, 2019
- Do people tell you youre a natural born leader?
- Are you calm and cool in stressful situations?
- Do you have Dispatching experience? Even better!
- Do you believe honesty is the best policy (not to mention integrity, fairness, and respect)?
- But most importantly, do you want to have fun at work?
If you want to significantly improve your chance of being selected for an interview AFTER completing this application, then please do the following to help us get to know you better:
- Complete a one-way video interview through SparkHire: https://hire.li/5323225
- For some great tips and advice before completing your one-way video interview, see Spark Hire's Candidate Boot Camp
- Complete a personality assessment through Culture Index: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/CF42BA
Morris-Jenkins is more than a Heating, Air, and Plumbing company; were a big family, and were hoping youll want to join us! Work is something we all have to do, but Morris-Jenkins firmly believes you should enjoy where you work and who you work with, and thats something we take very seriously. Our meetings are a little different, we like to play games and wear costumes... a lot! We have legendary whole company breakfasts in our off-season, seriously legendary, youve never seen this much food for 300+ people.
Were more than just fun too. We are committed to our employees, to their development, and to their work-life balance. As important as your work family is, we believe your real family is even more so. We challenge our employees to design their own path to advancement in the company, and we help them achieve those goals any way we can. We also believe in compensating our employees well for their time, and thats why you wont find an employee at any level at Morris-Jenkins that doesnt make at least double the states minimum wage. Not many companies can say that, especially in our highly competitive industry.
Speaking of our industry, lets talk about Morris-Jenkins role in it. Were the largest heating, air, and plumbing contractor in the Charlotte region. Not only that, we are one of the largest in the country, with our Service, Sales, Installation, Customer Service, and Plumbing departments consistently shattering performance records. Whats this mean to you? Put simply, job security. Morris-Jenkins is here to stay, and were growing fast. We will always be a family owned and operated, local company in the Charlotte area (even if our commercials look like they came straight from Hollywood; we actually produce them ourselves!).
And to brag for just a minute, in 2016 Morris-Jenkins was ranked #1 Top Workplace in the midsize category by the Charlotte Observer based on voting by our employees. That means not only are we providing our customers with world-class service, were doing the same for our employees. Its the one award Mr. Jenkins is most proud of, and we all are too.
Sounds good right? So what does a Dispatch Manager do? In a nutshell, their essential function is being primarily responsible for efficiently managing the coordination of the Service Dispatch System and team. The Dispatch Manager also reviews Dispatcher performance and coaches the team to ensure maximization of revenue opportunities on all Service calls. You could say the Dispatch Managers general purpose is personnel management and leadership within the Dispatch department.
Want the specifics? Read on!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and improve the dispatch department using the Morris-Jenkins Easy process
- Train, coach, and mentor Dispatchers on performance and to uses tools available to achieve peak productivity
- Partners with managers and supervisors to provide support to the HVAC and Plumbing Service team
- Partner with all departments to meet and exceed customers service expectation
- Lead and empower the dispatchers to maximize revenue opportunities by ensuring capacity and flexibility in dispatching the right techs to the right calls.
- Develop process to monitor RPM/Capacity schedules throughout the day alerting the Service Director and Plumbing Director to any red flags
- Meets several times daily with Service Director and Plumbing Director to ensure the proper calls are being dispatched to the appropriate Field Technicians and Plumbers
- Must provide a sense of urgency to fill the schedule and maximize opportunities during our off season
- Ensures service and quality objectives are met
- Provides information and assistance to Service Director and Plumbing Director in the planning, implementation and evaluation of existing operations, systems, and procedures
- Provide job performance status, disciplinary concerns and timely feedback regarding service failures or customer concerns to the Service Director and Plumbing Director
- Attend supervisor and department meetings, as required
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least two (2) years of prior supervisory experience with proven leadership and coaching success
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have experience in computer data entry in databases, spreadsheets and have the ability to enter data in real time quickly and accurately
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to tactfully and diplomatically diffuse contentious situations
- Strong customer-orientation and communication skills
- Ability to recognize and establish priorities
- Ability to quickly analyze a situation and provide an effective solution
- High performance team player with a commitment to company values
- Fluent proficiency to read, write, and speak English language
- Other duties as required by management
- Undergraduate college degree related to Business or other relevant studies
- Prior experience in the HVAC or Plumbing Service industry with ability to understand and implement the concept of revenue hunting for the Service Department
Morris-Jenkins is proud to offer:
- Competitive pay
- Continuous training & professional development
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) awarded
- 7 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long & short term disability insurance and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) Retirement plan
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Keywords: Morris-Jenkins, Charlotte , Dispatch Manager, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!