VP, Portfolio Credit - Lowes (L13)
Company: Synchrony Financial
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Job Description:Role Summary/Purpose:Lead Credit Management efforts for the US and Canadian Consumer program in the Lowe's portfolio to include credit evaluation, delinquency/loss mitigation, enforcement of Risk policies and portfolio monitoring. Provide Credit support to client teams and work cross functionally to ensure risk strategies are performing as expected.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work closely with retail clients to minimize both Synchrony's and the retailer's risk, while continuing to grow the portfolio.
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive smart growth and client satisfaction delivering safety and soundness in the portfolio.
- Prepare and present client facing and leadership team presentations to facilitate informed decisions.
- Be a leader in driving enhanced strategies, using champion/challenger leanings to manage credit and fraud risk.
- Provide analytics and input for deal and promotional pricing activities.
- Coordinate multi-site/country resources to ensure delivery and accuracy of monthly MIS and reporting needs to meet internal and external requirements
- Coordinate planning cycle with client teams to ensure consistency in business plans.
- Responsible for providing clear guidance to the organization on risk appetite and prudent growth.
- Maintain effective and credible challenge of critical decisions and business processes.
- Ensure portfolio deal structure and contract(s) are consistent with risk appetiteQualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years in a consumer and/or commercial Credit/Risk, Finance, or Analytics role; or in lieu of a bachelor's degree,12+ years in a consumer and/or commercial Credit/Risk, Finance or Analytics role.
- 5+ years of bankcard experience
- 1+ years of experience working with SAS/SQL or other related data analytic toolsDesired Characteristics:
- 5+ years General purpose backcard or retail credit card experience Experience operating at a strategic level as part of a cross functional team
- Use of advanced technical and analytical competencies in driving effective strategic goals within a significant functional area
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with consumer and commercial lending products and practices
- Master's Degree or MBA with advanced analytic focus, or equivalent
- Advanced SAS / SQL experienceEligibility Requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months' time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months' time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don't meet the time in position or performance requirement).Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 - 200,000.00 USD AnnualSalaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.Grade/Level: 13Job Family Group:Risk Management
Keywords: Synchrony Financial, Charlotte , VP, Portfolio Credit - Lowes (L13), Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!