Director of Problem-Based Learning Curriculum
Company: Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist
Posted on: September 21, 2023
At the forefront of medical education innovation, Wake Forest
University School of Medicine-Charlotte is committed to producing
exceptional medical professionals who are not just knowledgeable,
but adept at critical thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving
to address complex healthcare challenges. -
Committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for
all, the Wake Forest University School of Medicine-Charlotte campus
is seeking a Director of PBL Curriculum who demonstrates a
commitment to promoting a culture that respects and advances
diversity and inclusion of all people. -
As the Director of PBL Curriculum, you will play a pivotal role in
shaping the next generation of medical leaders by overseeing the
design, integration, and delivery of engaging cases throughout the
first 18 months of our innovative Integrated Biomedical Sciences
curriculum. You will lead a team of educators, igniting their
passion for PBL methodology and fostering a culture of inclusive
Shaping Innovation - PBL Case Development and Management:
- Oversees the PBL case development and revision for the
Integrated Biomedical Sciences curriculum.
- Develops, evaluates, and revises PBL curricula, course content,
course materials, and instruction using PBL methodology.
Empowering Educators - Faculty and Facilitator Development:
- Provides faculty and facilitator development on PBL
methodology, case development, case revisions, and small-group
- Manages, trains, and recruits the pool of faculty facilitators
- Conducts regular observations of facilitators in PBL sessions
and provides individual feedback on performance.
Influencing the Future - Student Engagement and Training:
- Designs and oversees student orientation and training in the
- Pilots, facilitates, and moderates PBL sessions.
- Oversees the assessment of students' participation and
self-directed learning assignments related to the PBL
Collaborative Excellence - Integration and Collaboration:
- Coordinates with Module and Discipline Directors on
development, revision, and mapping of IBMS assessments to ensure
student achievement of learning objectives.
- Works collaboratively with faculty, staff, and administration
to ensure horizontal and vertical integration of the basic sciences
across the program.
Advancing Medical Education - Academic and Professional
- Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with
institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic
- Participates in campus and community events.
- Stays informed of current research and literature regarding PBL
through national organizations, conferences, and
- Conducts research and publishes findings in professional
journals, books, or electronic media.
- Participates in committees related to curriculum development
- Provides support to, and contributes to the development of, the
biomedical sciences faculty, facilitators, and staff.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Terminal degree (e.g., MD/DO, PhD, EdD)
- Minimum 3 years of PBL/Inquiry Based Learning (IBL) curricular
development, revision, and/or oversight.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational, and
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing priorities
within a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Sufficient computer skills to successfully navigate all
- Leading and/or actively participating in professional
- Administration experience in a new medical school or regional
Keywords: Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist, Charlotte , Director of Problem-Based Learning Curriculum, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!