Project Procurement Manager
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Framatome is seeking a Project Procurement Manager for our
office in Charlotte, North Carolina; Cranberry Township,
Pennsylvania ; or Mansfield, Massachusetts. This position may also
be considered for remote or hybrid work schedules. Interested in
making an impact on clean energy initiatives? Grow your career at
Framatome! Framatome is a major global leader in the nuclear energy
market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added
technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing
the international nuclear fleet. Offering a full range of reactor
services requires an unparalleled passion and sense of purpose
connected to our companys mission and vision. Essential to
Framatomes mission are our employees who provide a unique set of
skills, knowledge, and experience that support us in providing
competitive, reliable, and safe nuclear power plants. Our
commitment to our employees is recognized through our competitive
total rewards package. Enjoy competitive compensation, generous
benefits and take part in innovative projects and development
opportunities. The global I&C Business Unit (ICBU) focuses on
the modernization of critical plant systems to support improved
reliability, safety, and extended plant life. The North American
I&C operating unit (ICU) is seeking a Project Procurement
Manager to provide Supply Chain management, oversight, and
coordination for the key I&C suppliers of our Large Projects
group. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited
- In connection with the Project Managers and the global BU
Purchasing Director, develop and maintain the Project Procurement
Plan (PPP) for new/existing projects.
- Consolidate the target prices for equipment & subcontracting
purchase with respect to the global budget for the projects;
monitor and report on the corresponding purchase performance. This
includes reviewing purchase requisitions, assuring compliance to
budgets and schedules and approve the requisitions allocating the
- In relation with project control resources, consolidate and
update the budget for procurement activities and ensure proper
availability for the project of procurement resources from
procurement regional division.
- Organize procurement function contribution to any catch-up plan
aiming at recovering project delay in close cooperation with the
global BU Purchasing Director and Project Management.
- Lead coordination of interfaces between Engineering /
Manufacturing and Purchasing to assure all unordered parts and
services are identified, purchase requisitions issued, required
delivery schedules specified and PO's issued to meet those
- Lead resolution of supplier related issues.
- Liaise with Project Management for procurement coordination
- Active involvement into major sourcing and negotiating tasks,
and issuance of Purchase Orders to vendors.
- Liaise with the Corporate Purchasing for synergies, reporting,
- Propose as needed and organizes as agreed any assistance likely
to improve project procurement performance.
- Contribute to monthly Project Reporting requirements.
- Ensure administration and control of materials delivery to
Site. Travel: Up to 50% Required SkillsRequired ExperienceAll
candidates must meet the following minimum requirements to be
considered for this opportunity:
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 6 years of related work
experience or experience in lieu of degree. At least 2 years of
project-related experience is required. Advanced degrees may
substitute for years of related experience. The following may be
used to differentiate candidates who apply for this position:
- An advanced degree (MBA or MS) is highly preferred and may
substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of supply
management field in the completion of difficult assignments.
- Extensive understanding of project management processes and
procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management
to demonstrate the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate
workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Ability to read and understand purchase orders, their contract
details and terms and conditions.
- Highly-developed leadership qualities.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Office.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and
- Ability to change priorities quickly, confront issues directly
and work well as part of a team.
- Past Contract Management experience in the Nuclear
- Moderate skill level of MS office programs.
- Experience managing supplier performance on PO contracts in the
range of $100k - $10M.
- Candidate must have an in-depth understanding of Contract/Legal
terminology to ensure that all parties understand what they are
agreeing to when executing/negotiating/signing a contract.
- Candidate must be versed in risk management and can foresee the
possible consequences of decisions made at the project level,
allowing them to advise Project Director accordingly and mitigate
- Excellent time management and act with a sense of urgency to
coordinate updates to a contract in a timely manner without missing
deadlines or losing a clients interest.
- Maintaining records for correspondence and documentation in
relation to contract issues.
- Communicate and present information to stakeholders about all
- Full knowledge of contract scope and all parties
responsibilities to identify potential commercial issues.
- Lead/coordinate all contract-related issues that may arise with
- Mitigates common contract management risks, such as financial,
legal, and security risks.
- Experienced managing or overseeing project scheduling, able to
work closely with schedulers to have your schedules created.
- Experience with digital I&C systems and products is a
- Experience working on very large projects with multiyear
deliverables. Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Framatome, Charlotte , Project Procurement Manager, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!