VP, Application Delivery (Hybrid)
Company: Selective Insurance Company of America
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Selective Insurance is seeking a VP, Enterprise Application
Delivery who will be responsible for the enterprise application
portfolio in support of multiple business segments and will lead
delivery teams. As a member of the Information Technology
leadership team, this exceptional candidate will collaborate with
business and IT leadership to ensure successful achievement of
business strategies while ensuring alignment with best practices
and the enterprise technical strategy. The successful candidate
will lead a team of Assistant Vice Presidents and/or Application
Managers each responsible for delivering initiatives and products
that are complex in nature and of high strategic
- Assists the Senior Vice President in the management of day to
day activities of the Application Delivery area including setting
priorities, coordinating, and the reporting of activities.
Responsible for the daily activities of the managers and developers
within the Application Delivery area.
- Oversees the engineering and delivery of applications which are
designed to provide and enhance business capability in support of
corporate business objectives. Keeps abreast of new developments
and forecasts of future trends in the areas of application
- Participate in the evaluation, acquisition, and implementation
of vendor software to support business processes.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture and contributes to
the development of enterprise technology standards, reference
architectures, and the corporate technology strategy. Leverages
enterprise standards and reference architectures to specify,
acquire, engineer, or implement and Enterprise Applications.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of projects/products
including features, schedule, and budget as well as project status
reporting to senior IT management.
- Responsible for the overall cost efficiency of the Application
Delivery area including the evaluation, selection, and management
of appropriate sourcing options.
- Responsible and accountable for the ITS department budget for
- Plans and directs all aspects of Talent Management for the
Application Delivery area including: acquisition, assessment,
development, and performance and compensation management.
Identifies and mentors high potential associates, develops
appropriate succession plans, and ensures development plans are in
place for all team members.
- Oversees the delivery of critical strategic projects partnering
with business and IT leaders to analyze requirements and design
solutions. Manage and collaborate with IT team to design, build and
implement solutions that achieve successful business outcomes.
- Assists the Senior Vice President of Enterprise Delivery
Services in collaboration with Application Delivery leadership team
in defining and managing technical strategies, priorities, and
- Oversee operating and project financials with accountability
for budgeting, forecasting, and variance reporting.
- Manage vendor relationships including contract negotiation and
- Requires excellent verbal and written communications skills,
previous leadership, management and supervisory experience, and
excellent time management abilities.
- Demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment, exhibit strong
profit orientation, and have the ability to collaborate and achieve
results through others.
- 10+ years in application delivery with a proven ability to plan
and execute large and complex projects
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with proven
ability to develop creative and collaborative solutions.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to
influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills
including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple
projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and
- College degree preferred in Computer Science, Technology,
Business, or related field.A new job is a big decision. Don't work
just anywhere. Be Selective.Our BusinessSelective is a midsized
U.S. domestic property and casualty insurance company with a
history of strong financial performance for over 95 years. Focused
on exceptional employee and customer experience, we are frequently
recognized for awards and honors, including being named to Forbes'
2021 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance list.Our
CultureWe genuinely care about each other, our customers, and the
communities in which we operate. Our leaders actively champion
career development and invite us to voice unique ideas and diverse
perspectives. If that sounds appealing, we think you would feel
inspired on our team to achieve and be rewarded for extraordinary
resultsSelective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. That
means we respect and value every individual's unique opinions,
beliefs, abilities, and perspectives. We are committed to promoting
a welcoming culture that celebrates diverse talent, individual
identity, different points of view and experiences - and empowers
employees to contribute new ideas that support our continued and
growing success. Building a highly engaged team is one of our core
strategic imperatives, which we believe is enhanced by diversity,
equity, and inclusion. We expect and encourage all employees and
all of our business partners to embrace, practice, and monitor the
attitudes, values, and goals of acceptance; address biases; and
foster diversity of viewpoints and opinions.Selective maintains a
Keywords: Selective Insurance Company of America, Charlotte , VP, Application Delivery (Hybrid), Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!