Company: Nuclear Fuel Services
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Career Opportunities: Contracts Manager (47523) Requisition ID
-47523 -- -Posted -01/12/2023 -- -Charlotte NC -- -Experienced
(Non-Manager -- -Bachelor's Degree -- -10 -- -10-20% -- -Project
Management -- -Non-Supervisory -- -United States Contracts Manager
(Hybrid) - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Charlotte, NC BWXT is currently
seeking a Contracts Manager for its Charlotte, NC location! BWXT's
mission is to provide safe and effective nuclear solutions for
national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear
medicine and space exploration. We have manufacturing facilities,
laboratories and work sites across the country, all of which
require products and services to work efficiently and effectively.
- Serve as a lead resource within the BWXT Contracts Management
organization, supporting both BWXT Government and Commercial
Groups, as advisor to company personnel at all levels to ensure
that company strategic business and financial objectives are
achieved throughout the contracting process.
- Responsible for drafting, negotiating and amending contracts
and various other contractual agreements, resolving legal and
contract related issues, supporting proposal efforts, supporting
other cross-functional teams
- Review risks and respond to/negotiate contracts and agreements
that provide for the desired customer results and beneficial
financial outcomes for the company.
- Responsible for interfacing with all management levels to
ensure BWXT Corporate Policies and Contracting Guidelines are
identified and followed, and required approvals are obtained as
- Manage daily project compliance to contracting requirements
while monitoring and properly resolving any contract issues.
- Provide support to Business Development throughout the proposal
preparation cycle including review of all incoming Requests for
Proposals (RFPs) regarding risk, cost, type of contract, payment
terms, and fee determination.
- Work in conjunction with Business Development and Legal
departments in negotiating mutually acceptable terms for various
agreement(s) in support of pre- and post-proposal or transition
- Support proposal administrative activities and on-site support
for contract transition or resource augmentation.
- Maintain archive of all contracts and modifications
- Serve as primary customer interface for business and
- Maintain good relations with customers, both external and
internal, while simultaneously protecting the interests of
- This role will offer a hybrid schedule. Job
- A bachelor's degree in business, management economics, finance,
operations or related area is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in contract
administration/federal government contracting, preferably in both
commercial and government contracts.
- Experience with a broad range of contract types is required.
BWXT has programs that span all types of contracts including cost
reimbursable (CR), firm fixed-price (FFP), time and materials
(T&M), incentive-type contracts, Indefinite Delivery Indefinite
Quantity (IDIQ), grants, cooperative agreements, and other
transaction agreements (OTA).
- Experience with all phases of contracting from pre-solicitation
through completion/termination and contract closeout is
- Must have experience with contract change management including
directed changes, especially related to FFP contracts.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and
- Experience working with multiple levels of management including
interfacing with high-level internal and external customers is
- Experience in a mixture of contracts, procurement, project
management or finance support on complex contract actions is
- Must have the ability to recognize contract risks and to
respond cogently to any complex contract, financial and
business/legal matters and associated risks that may arise.
- Must have the ability to successfully function with minimum
supervision while handling multiple assignments and prioritizing
competing responsibilities and activities.
- Must have direct experience and familiarity with government
regulations (e.g., FAR, DEAR, DFAR, etc.) and an understanding of
federal cost principles.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy
(DOE) or Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance, whichever
is required. As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies,
Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities ("BWXT"
or the "Company") complies with all federal, state, and local laws
and customer requirements regarding COVID-19 and other health and
safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to
adhere to applicable Company COVID-19 requirements within the
workplace as a condition of employment. - Applicants selected will
be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information or
matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual
citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of
Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive
criminal and financial background investigation and previous
employment reference verifications. - BWXT supports diversity and
is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We
have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions
such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color religion, gender,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status. -
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong,
Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia, BWXT is a
Fortune 1000 and Defense News Top 100 manufacturing and engineering
innovator that provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for
global security, clean energy, environmental restoration, nuclear
medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,700 employees,
BWXT has 14 major operating sites in the U.S., Canada and the U.K.
We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S.
submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision
manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial
nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures
provide environmental restoration and nuclear operations management
at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities.
BWXT's technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope
production in North America and microreactors for various defense
and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXT and learn
more at www.bwxt.com .
Keywords: Nuclear Fuel Services, Charlotte , Contracts Manager, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!