Associate Director, Commercial Real Estate Investment Management
Company: Lincoln National
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Alternate Locations: Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Greensboro,
NC (North Carolina)
Work Arrangement: Hybrid/Office
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 71017
The Role at a Glance:
We are looking to add a Portfolio Management Associate Director to
the Commercial Mortgage and Real Estate Investments team, which is
part of an investment management platform with over $200 billion in
assets under management.
As a senior member of the Portfolio Management team, you will play
a meaningful role in managing and and overseeing a $16 billion loan
portfolio. Primary focus is existing loan underwriting, credit
monitoring, and maintaining the integrity and security of the real
estate loan portfolio. The ideal candidate is looking to grow
his/her responsibilities in commercial real estate underwriting and
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the oversight of a segment of the mortgage loan
- Performs in-depth reviews of property operating statements on
an annual basis and identifies trends that could be of
- Makes loan risk rating recommendations based on property and
loan performance and presents to senior management.
- Supports active management of surveillance list.
- Monitors watchlist loans' performance on a monthly or quarterly
basis and presents to senior management.
- Ensures data integrity at property and loan level for portfolio
level analytics and reporting.
- Performs ad hoc, in depth property and loan level reviews and
- Stays apprised of market related headlines affecting commercial
real estate for reporting and analytics.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge on market fundamentals such
as rental rates, occupancy, capital market trends, and transaction
activity for assigned geographic areas.
- Serves as liaison and partners with the servicing and
production teams to analyze underwriting related servicing
requests, including but not limited to lease approvals, collateral
releases and substitutions, and sale and assumptions, and makes
written and verbal approval recommendations to senior
- Proposes and collaborates with others on strategies and actions
to limit risk and loss to the portfolio.
- Identifies and communicates process improvements to senior
- Travels domestically for property inspections, as needed.
- May provide portfolio management support to real estate private
- Collaborates across department to support overall portfolio
growth goals and objectives.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal
regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site
policies and procedures.
What we're looking for:
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years
of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - minimum required in Finance,
Business Administration, or similar field.
- 3-5+ Years' experience required in financial analysis and
investments that aligns with the specific responsibilities for this
position. Prior commercial real estate asset/portfolio management
or commercial real estate finance/investment experience
- Strong relationships
- Travel up to 20%.
- Intermediate knowledge of commercial real estate principles and
- Intermediate knowledge of national commercial real estate and
mortgage markets and macro-economic trends that affect those
- Intermediate ability to understand and evaluate real estate
- Team-orientation with a desire to learn and improve.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of commercial real
- Intermediate knowledge of real estate legal concepts and
understanding of loan documents.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or similar
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook) CoStar, and Rockport.
What's it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful
contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take
charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented
colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities
through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and
contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to
take charge of our own future.
What's in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully
manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being;
offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Hybrid/Office : Employees will work in a Lincoln office on average
more days per week.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000
employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower
Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence.
Our core business areas - Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement
Plan Services and Group Protection - focus on supporting,
preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is
the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and
its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period
account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best
Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek's
Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious
investment in our employees' futures through a broad range of
wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness
programs, and career development resources designed to help each
individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included
on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones
Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to
diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on
the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index.
Follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and Instagram . Sign
up for email alerts at http://newsroom.lfg.com
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to
review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln
values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all
applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal
information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take
many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews
and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security
numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive
information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do
not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts
(Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat
rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the
hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live
video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team
at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job
opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution
Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to
Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may
decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if
it determines political contributions made could have an adverse
impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests,
misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose
applicable political contributions and or fundraising
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our
web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln
Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group
and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer
and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire,
compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants
are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a
person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your
interest for a position through our online application process, or
require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segment: Real Estate, Private Equity, Mortgage, Realtor, Credit
Analyst, Sales, Finance
Keywords: Lincoln National, Charlotte , Associate Director, Commercial Real Estate Investment Management, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!