Manager - Business Development
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As a Manager Business Development, you will manage research,
analyze, and development new business opportunities. You will be
responsible for creating effective business plans to generate
revenue, increase product lines, expand into new markets, and
improve customer satisfaction. You will analyze and monitor
business growth and decline, as well as provide possible solutions
and new ways to strengthen the Company's competitive position
within the industry.Responsibilities:
- Identifies, evaluates, and develops new business opportunities
in order to expand business and increase profitability.
- Responsible for retaining and expanding existing company
relationships, product lines or market segments, and soliciting new
business from prospective customers and suppliers.
- Oversees development and research activities to build on the
Companys strengths, identifies potential new markets and business
opportunities and increases market share.
- Establishes relationships with potential customers and
suppliers. Discusses unmet needs, problems, or complaints, and
arranges for meetings with appropriate Wesco representatives.
- Calls on existing or prospective customers within framework of
business development call program.
- Represents Wesco in identifying, evaluating, and negotiating
acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, and
start-ups in current and new business.
- Conducts roll out meetings at new, key, and global account
- Leads, develops, and nurtures local implementation teams
- Finds, calculates, and documents cost savings related to direct
spend, indirect spend and value add services programs.
- Creates and implements account business development activities
including product gap identification, account discovery process,
and One-Wesco engagement.
- Conducts internal and customer training sessions on account and
- Serves as liaison between key suppliers, marketing services,
and location operationsQualifications:
- High School Degree or Equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree -
Business Administration preferred.
- 5 years required of experience directly related to
- 5 years required of financial analysis, sales,
- Knowledge of industry including suppliers, customers, and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business analysis, financial modeling and negotiation
- Ability to initiate and develop relationships with key decision
makers inside and outside company.
- Ability to spot new business opportunities and quickly evaluate
- Ability to analyze financial and operational data, statements
- Ability to identify and cultivate external resources.
- Ability to establish relationships of trust.
- Ability to learn complex technical information quickly.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and simultaneously
manage several projects.
- 6+ years preferred of experience directly related to
- 6+ years preferred of financial analysis, sales,
- Knowledge of Wescos existing business lines, strengths and
- Ability to accurately recognize when additional company
resources are required is preferred.
- Ability to travel 50% - 75%#LI-LJ1WESCO International, Inc.,
including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of
WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee
based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical
condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected
status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following:
recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer,
compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship,
layoff, or termination.
Keywords: WESCO, Charlotte , Manager - Business Development, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!