Cost Accounting Manager (remote)
Company: Xylem Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to
solving the world's most challenging water issues, is the leading
global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water
technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved
and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose:
creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve
the world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an
organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels
involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is
free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater,
we want to hear from you!
The Role: Leading cost accounting and related processes for the
$1.7B Americas Commercial Team businesses. Duties include but are
not limited to the leading annual standard cost updates,
coordinating physical inventories and fixed asset counts, drive
continuous improvement activities for inventory/costing processes
and assist in month-end close process.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
* Prepare and approve journal entries related to inventory
valuation and cost accounting accounts
* Prepare and approved various financial reporting deliverables
* Partner with manufacturing leaders (operations and finance) to
ensure that business is aware of inventory and cost accounting
matters and the potential impacts on the units' financial
* Drive standardized costing function for all manufacturing
locations to ensure accurate product costs and inventory
* Ensure accounts related balance sheet accounts are reconciled per
requirements (timeliness, frequency, quality)
* Support the site location on revenue recognition (i.e. cutoff
* Design and effective execution of SOX controls (i.e. revenue
recognition, inventory, general ledger controls, etc.)
* Lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve accounting and
* Prepare and submit tax packages
* Coordinate with internal & external audit for accounting and
* Design and maintain effective internal control environment to
ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and compliance with
laws and regulations. Supports internal and external audit
* Assist in the development and implementation of new accounting
policies and procedures as required. Submission of appropriate
reports as required.
* Liaise with and support Finance, HR, IT and other functions
within the region with SOX issues.
* To support colleagues in the Company, in particular across
Regional and departmental boundaries to ensure that the Company's
goals are achieved.
* Provide cover where required during any period of absence.
* Comply fully with Xylem's ethics and standard policies.
* Responsible for the achievement of annual PFP goals. Must work
within established Company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for talent development for direct reports High level
financial responsibility for the Region High potential risk for
damages or losses
* Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities,
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or
financial/accounting with 10 years of business experience.
* CPA, CMA or CIA is required.
* Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley
* Comprehensive knowledge of cost accounting items (i.e. bill of
materials, costing systems and methodologies)
* Experience in publicly traded multi-site environment
* Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal
interaction skills required.
* Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication
* Must have demonstrated the ability to engage business process
owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate
business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps,
and implement solutions successfully.
* Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
* Computer Skills (ERP System, Hyperion or OneStream, Oracle)
We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
* Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our
people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our
employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
* Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for compensation,
benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life
integration and corporate citizenship.
* Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility
program working to provide education and access to safe water to
ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities.
Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various
* Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a professional,
supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds,
including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People of Color and
Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working
Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Regularly required to sit, stand, walk & reach with hands & arms;
use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment
* Frequently required to communicate orally.
* Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
* Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an
office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
* Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other
travel as needed or required by the company. (up to 25%)
* Standard weekly job hours: 40 + overtime as needed.
* This position is remote and can be performed in EST or CST.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: Xylem Inc., Charlotte , Cost Accounting Manager (remote), Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!