Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description:Job ObjectivesManages the operation of a
Walgreen store.Improves store sales, profitability and image
through proper merchandising, protection of store assets, the
selection, training and development of team members, and modeling
and delivering a distinctive and delightful customer and patient
experience.Job Responsibilities/TasksCustomer Experience
- Monitors and analyzes the customer service provided by team
members. Offers reminders, training, and encouragement, and
develops action plans for improvement in both retail and
- Greets customers and clinic patients, and offers assistance
with products and services.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer and
patient experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting,
eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g.,
offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until
- Resolves customer complaints and helps respond to customers
- Supervises operation of the store and pharmacy, including
opening/closing/changing shifts, task delegation and scheduling
- Supervises the control of the store money including register
counts, withdraws from bank, armored car pickups, safe deposits,
change orders and oversees all aspects of bookkeeping including
ledger, invoices, cash reports and time records.
- Supervises merchandising by planning and implementing sets and
resets and revisions of basic department and end stands, display
tables, and promotional space, using multiple discount pricing,
signs, advertising, promotional items, seasonality, etc.
- Analyzes inventory trends and supervises inventory management,
including ordering items, keeping stock, and liquidating stock and
leveraging company resources to avoid outs and overstock.
- Supervises receiving, stocking, pricing, returning, and
transferring of merchandise.
- Ensures execution of District Manager operational
- Implements store organization through proper hiring and
placement, scheduling of work assignments and delegation.
- Ensures that store/grounds are clean and presentable; manages
repair and maintenance; responds to emergencies.
- Manages operations of assigned location including strict
compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations,
including but not limited to the sale of alcohol, tobacco, fresh
food, and pharmacy products.
- Ensures staff has working knowledge of all computer and
technology systems and software (e.g. registers, StoreNet,
Intercom+, etc. Ensures response to all systems problems by
contacting information technology support.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.Daily
Planning and Execution
- Assigns daily operational responsibilities and tasks and sets
expectations for store team members and assistant managers.Business
- Analyzes financial and performance data; develops action plans
to increase sales and control costs.
- Reviews KPIs daily and prepare to discuss with district
- Reviews and analyzes asset protection data and develops and
implements action plans to reduce loss.
- Analyzes pharmacy performance indicators and works with the
pharmacy manager to enhance the performance of the pharmacy,
ensuring support during busy periods, including serving as a
pharmacy technician, when necessary and allowed by law.
- Analyzes performance indicators of the clinic and works with
Clinic Coordinator or Manager to ensure performance and
- Identifies sales opportunities to ensure the growth and
performance of the store and pharmacy.
- Manages inventory levels through ordering, keeping stock,
liquidating stock, anticipating fast selling items and seasonal
changes.People and Performance Management
- Manages team member performance by assigning responsibilities,
setting goals and expectations, observing performance, providing
feedback and giving recognition. Manages employee career
- Monitors and ensures timely completion of required training
programs, including pharmacy training programs, for all team
members within the store; provides coaching for team members.
- Makes hiring, promotion and termination decisions.
- Addresses issues and disciplines store team members, engages
with Employee Relations and Human Resources as appropriate.
- Develops employee performance plans and follows up according to
- Monitors and approves team member compensation.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing
expectations, tracking results, showing enthusiasm and sharing
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policies, applicable
employment laws, and is consistently fair in the treatment of all
- Communicates regularly with team members through one-on-one
discussions, group meetings, soliciting input, answering questions,
and ensuring communication is open between management and
non-management team members.Training and Personal Development
- Participates in company and on-the-job training to improve
skills and productivity and attends training requested by District
Management and corporate, including Walgreens School of Operations
completion within six month in Store Manager Position.
- Follows performance improvement plans offered by District
- Obtains pharmacy technician registration/licensure as required
by state law (and pursues PTCB or ExCPT certification, as required
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting
high personal standards, learning about the fields of retail and
management, seeking best practices, and learning about the
- Serves as liaison between district, corporate and the store to
provide a communication channel, respond to requests, provide
feedback and implement initiatives.
- Conducts community outreach (e.g., speaks with members of
community, physicians in area).
- Assists District Manager in planning and attending community
events.Job ID: 1034243BRTitle: Store ManagerCompany Indicator:
WalgreensEmployment Type: Full-timeJob Function: RetailFull Store
Address: 1495 CONCORD PKWY N,CONCORD,NC,28025-02932-07699-SFull
District Office Address: 1495 CONCORD PKWY
N,CONCORD,NC,28025-02932-07699-SExternal Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree and 3 years retail management experience or
High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of retail management
- Licensed pharmacy technician as required by state OR pharmacy
assistant in WA state OR licensed Rph as soon as possible given
state law requirements, no later than 12 months from Store Manager
position start date.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including extended days,
evenings, and weekend hours.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree.
- PTCB or ExCPT Certification.
- Three years retail management experience, including supervising
others, managing, and assigning work.
- Licensed pharmacy technician as required by state OR pharmacy
assistant in WA state OR licensed Rph.The following information is
applicable for San Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.An Equal
Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.The following
information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the
Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the available benefits and
salary available for this position by clicking here:
jobs.walgreens.com/benefits . Walgreens will provide applicants in
other states with information related to the position, to the
extent required by state or local law, by calling
1-866-967-5492.Shift: VariousStore: 07699-CONCORD NC
Keywords: Walgreens, Charlotte , Store Manager, Executive , Concord, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!