Company: Project Scientist
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As a Project Scientist team member, you will blaze a new trail
to transform the way girls view the field of STEM and who a
scientist is. You will feel challenged and inspired to do
breakthrough work when collaborating with the best of the best.
The ideal candidate works collaboratively to achieve the
organization's financial and programmatic goals. The Development
Manager will be able to tackle multiple projects at once, have
strong written and communication skills, and think strategically
and act tactically. The individual will work closely with the Vice
President of Corporate Partnerships and Initiatives to manage a
portfolio of current and prospective corporate, foundation, and
individual and employee donations. The development Manager will
maintain volunteer and donor management systems, research
prospects, and cultivate current partners. Create and manage gift
records process, donor recognition programs, accountability, and
compliance standards for all funding sources. Individuals willing
to be part of a scaling non-profit with a passion for event
management, keen attention to detail, and goal orientated should
* Proactively utilize best practices for prospect research,
assignment, donor profiles, qualification, cultivation,
solicitation, and stewardship of all donors/funders.
* Support the identification and development of grant submissions
alongside Grant consultants in alignment with organizational
priorities and fundraising goals.
* Develop and maintain an annual grant-seeking calendar to ensure
timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, and
other requirements to ensure the organization fully complies with
all contracts with funders.
* Manage assigned fundraising initiatives, including STEM Girls
Change the World, and partner fundraising events, digital
fundraising, and individual campaigns successfully with minimal
* Develop and prepare meeting decks, formal fundraising proposals,
info sheets, and impact reports for funders, individual donors, and
* Proficient use of CRM systems to manage donors, fundraising
activities, gift acknowledgment, grant prospecting, tracking, and
* Collaborates with marketing on stakeholder communications
strategies, including e-mail and digital campaigns, and creates
progress reports for internal and external use.
* Work with the Programs Team to schedule and track STEM Superstar
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* 3 - 5 years of professional experience in communications,
institutional operations, or nonprofit Development
* Solid technical understanding of G Suite and Asana preferred
* Proficiency in Salesforce is desirable.
* Embraces ambiguity and has a willingness to "roll up their
sleeves" to support the team in accomplishing goals
* A commitment to help girls grow, learn and connect to STEM in the
pursuit of gender parity in STEM careers
* Ability to travel and to take part in stakeholder meetings, as
* 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision
* 403 (b) + 3% Matched Retirement Plan
* Flexible schedule
* Ability to work remotely
* Maternity / Paternity
* MacBook Laptop
* WIFI / Mobile phone stipend
* Free Project Scientist tuition for female-identifying relatives
(ages 4 - 18)
Applications will be reviewed, and qualified candidates will move
forward with a phone or in-person interview.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check that may include employment
history, national criminal background check, national sex offender
registry search, and a driving history check.
Project Scientist does not discriminate based on race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender
identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,
military, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, age,
citizenship, or any other basis prohibited by law in any of its
policies or programs.
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
* Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote%58047475%
Keywords: Project Scientist, Charlotte , Development Manager, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!