Physical Security Systems - Project Manager
Posted on: September 24, 2022
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services
across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single
fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand
products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate
annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our
commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL
"Connect" you to your next career opportunity!
The Project Manager executes job plans by coordinating and
scheduling assignments, coordinating the materials logistics,
crews, and tools required to complete projects on time and within
budget. The Project Manager acts as a single point of contact for
the customer, sales, operations, and other internal AFL departments
on fixed bid projects. Prepares and submits customer-required
status reports and project deliverables.
- Produces fixed cost proposal design, development and
implementation for various systems including structured cabling,
security, wireless, VOIP, public address and CATV with a national
- Manage and report the current status of fixed bid project
schedules, scopes, and budget/cost in an accurate and timely
- Prepare and distribute regular performance and status reports
- Material Management
- Conduct site surveys, quality checks and job audits.
- Customer support, including: interfacing with the customer,
providing guidance on problem resolution, insuring on time customer
service, and maintaining a strong customer relations.
- Understands, adheres to, & promotes the Environmental, Health &
Safety policies of AFL Telecoms.
- Leadership - Proven success in leading high performance teams,
achieving results through others, and being a strong team
- Analytical Thinking - Exceptional ability to analyze data and
utilize it to make sound business decision
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills - Build consensus,
anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused - Ability to organize and manage multiple, and
at time competing priorities
- Communication Skills - Demonstrate communication skills
necessary to interpret policies in situations requiring persuasion
and prepare and present presentations,
- Relationship building skills - ability to work within a dynamic
team setting and provide role model leadership to AFL workforce
- Associate's degree in related field required or a minimum of
three years equivalent experience in a similar technical management
- Extensive relevant technical experience to include fundamental
understanding of voice and data networking, structured cabling,
fiber optics, routing and switching. Familiarity with business
concepts related to the use of information technologies and
networking in all aspects of business and organizational operations
for the achievement of business/operating objectives
- Think critically and problem solve
- Handle confidential/sensitive information with
- Good judgment
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of Telecommunications industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Current industry-related licenses and certifications
- Use of standard office equipment.
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of power tools.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Carrying of loads up & down stairs.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But
ability to provide support during and outside regular business
hours is required.
- Travel required.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
Keywords: AFL, Charlotte , Physical Security Systems - Project Manager, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!