Director, Environmental, Health & Safety - Charlotte, NC/ Pageland, SC
Company: Conbraco Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Director of Environmental, Health & Safety - Charlotte, NC/
Pageland, SC At Aalberts Integrated Piping Systems, we have the
best, most complete flow control device and connection technology
portfolio in the industry. Our goal is to make it an easier and
better buying experience by being the only organization that offers
a complete line of flow control devices and piping systems
solutions. We feature a full range of connections, including push,
press, thread, groove, sweat, and crimp to fit your Commercial,
Industrial, and Backflow Prevention needs. At Aalberts IPS, we
recognize the importance of providing our employees with a good
work environment and an excellent benefits package. Summary: The
Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Director inspects and
evaluates the environment, equipment and processes in working areas
to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and
industry standards. The chief goal is to protect the employees,
customers and the environment. Essential Duties and
- Design and support programs to train employees and managers in
all relevant laws, rules, and regulations, with special instruction
for each type of employee as it relates to their specific position
- Address regulatory concerns and analyze activities at 13 US and
Canadian facilities to ensure complete regulatory and statutory
- Establish a behavioral based safety culture.
- Integrate EH&S focus into continuous improvement
- Remain up-to-date on all upcoming changes and prepare the
organization to meet changing regulatory requirements.
- Recommend changes to protect workers and educate employees on
how to prevent health problems through the use of safety training
- Partner with local safety resources to drive initiatives in all
- As necessary, review and contribute to the following plans:
Emergency Response (in tandem with Safety department), Chemical
Approval Handling & Management, SPCC, SW3P, Lead based Paint
Operations, Air Compliance/Air Permits, Water Conservation, Waste
Minimization, Wetland Mitigation and Destruction Prevention,
Hazardous Material Security Plan.
- Coordinate safety and environmental audits and actions to
remedy faults and remediate.
- Consult with all departments to provide expertise and ensure
compliance with standards, processes, permits and reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health and Safety,
Engineering or related discipline.
- Certified Safety Professional certification and Waste Water
Treatment License preferred
- Experience in an environmental or safety role with 10+ years of
- Experience working in a continuous improvement/lean
- Experience leading a behavioral based safety culture.
- Knowledge of applicable environmental laws, regulations,
standards, permit requirements.
- Strong technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership, ability to engage people and motivate them
to meet/exceed goals and objectives; and the ability to develop
- Fact-based analysis and reporting skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Desired Skills:
- Asserts own ideas and persuades others; gains support and
mobilizes/motivates people to take action.
- Knowledge of ISO/RC 14001 principles; and the ability to learn
local and corporate EHSS systems.
- Ability to work independently and be willing to travel 50-75%.
Preference to candidates based in Charlotte, NC or Pageland,
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable; establish vision
and plan to achieve; manage multiple projects; and interface with
and represent the company to regulators.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Green Belt preferred. Aalberts Integrated
Piping Systems is an equal opportunity employer. At Aalberts IPS,
we are committed to treating all Applicants fairly based on their
abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race,
national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Keywords: Conbraco Industries, Inc., Charlotte , Director, Environmental, Health & Safety - Charlotte, NC/ Pageland, SC, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!