Director of Talent and Culture
Company: Lincoln Harris
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Responsible for the direction and implementation of all aspects
of company human resources policies, objectives, and initiatives
including recruiting, hiring, and retention; professional
development; employee relations and conflict resolution;
compensation, payroll, and benefits administration; safety;
training; and job satisfaction. Ensure company compliance with
current, applicable federal, state, and local laws.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversee and provide strategic guidance for all Human Resource
- Develop and capture succession plans.
- Design and lead strategies to recruit, develop, and retain
employees by aligning company goals, values, and daily practices
such that employees, through collaboration with teammates,
understand how their duties contribute to company goals.
- Ensure there is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
where all employees feel valued and can thrive through trainings,
coaching, and overall strategy and practice
- Oversee improvement of employees' view of their workplace and
their professional purpose in order to improve performance while
helping shape internal and external perceptions of the
- Analyze organizational structure, developing coaching and
development plans for midlevel managers; assist in creating path to
- Work with department leaders to determine areas for manager and
team improvement to assist with implementation of development plan,
as well as help determine growth path for individual.
- Conduct individual meetings with managers.
- Develop, conduct, review, and utilize performance reviews.
- Determine challenges and successes of manager and team.
- Determine areas for development and end goals.
- Develop ongoing coaching plans, including external training as
- Research available external coaching and development
- Oversee compensation strategy:
- Research compensation information to determine competitive wage
rates, evaluating and recommending new compensation structures or
changes as needed. Participate in annual and wage and benefit
- Develop pay ranges.
- Conduct annual meetings with department leaders to determine
any annual salary changes. Analyze and discuss team compensation;
make recommendations on any annual changes.
- Research and make recommendations to Operating Committee for
overall average company-wide base compensation annual
- Oversee management, new hire, and annual training for human
resource topics through e-learning, in-person, and other resources.
Research and attend appropriate management and leadership training
programs to determine appropriate external training resources for
mid-level managers and above.
- Manage 90-day, mid-year, and annual employee performance review
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership to Operating
Committee regarding organizational effectiveness.
- Maintain membership of industry organizations, attending
meetings and networking with industry counterparts.
- Obtain and maintain highest certifications of HR industry,
doing required annual continuing education.
- Conduct due diligence for Human Resources vendors, such as:
background and drug screening companies, applicant tracking
systems, etc. Coordinate implementation of new providers as needed,
ensuring we have the best resources available.
- Stay informed of company needs based on employee suggestions,
legal compliance, organizational needs, and human resources trends;
present to Operating Committee as appropriate.
- Lead Reward and Recognition efforts.
- Handle other duties as assigned.Position Requirements:EDUCATION
and/or EXPERIENCEBachelor's degree and five to ten years of Human
Resources experience required; advanced degree preferredExpert
knowledge of every aspect of Human ResourcesExcellent interpersonal
skills and the ability to effortlessly manage multiple priorities,
tasks, and projects in a diverse and fast-paced environment while
ensuring all customer groups receive timely attentionSuperior
verbal and written communication, as well as customer service,
skillsHigh-energy, proactive, assertive, and detail-orientedStrong
organizational and project management skillsStrong team player with
the ability to function autonomously when necessaryIntermediate
proficiency in MS office software applications (MS Word, Excel,
Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Keywords: Lincoln Harris, Charlotte , Director of Talent and Culture, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!