Human Resources Manager
Company: J.F. Shea
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Human Resources Manager holds a variety of responsibilities in
multiple areas, from providing leadership and management of the
Human Resources function to supporting office management
priorities. The primary Human Resources responsibilities include
directing the implementation and coordination of human resource
policies; coordinating recruiting, employment and development
processes; directing wage and salary administration; assisting with
communication and management of employee relations issues; and
supporting benefits administration. Serves as the Division's
representative on the Shea Homes Human Resources Interdivisional
Team. Office/facilities management including management of the
front desk reception; maintaining employee specific benefit
information related to expense cards and auto allowances; training
event coordination; and administrative support to the Division
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resource Policies
* Understand policies and procedures as directed by Shea Homes and
JF Shea to ensure accurate communication and deployment.
* Ensure implementation of and compliance with Shea Human Resources
policies for the Division.
* Ensure that the Division is in compliance with all federal and
state laws relating to human resources.
* Maintain complete and accurate employee personnel files.
* Advise Shea associates and answer questions regarding HR,
payroll, and employment issues.
* Maintain position descriptions.
Recruiting, Employment, and Development
* Work with hiring managers to understand hiring needs relative to
* Assist hiring managers with requisitions, ensuring accuracy and
* Assist hiring managers with establishing compensation level based
on market information.
* Determine the best recruiting practice to meet specific needs of
each hiring circumstance.
* Post open positions to Shea intranet and internet locations as
* Lead college recruiting/intern efforts as necessary.
* Negotiate fees with placement agencies when necessary.
* Pre-qualify candidates.
* Coordinate offers with hiring managers and candidates.
* Coordinate background checks and drug screenings as part of offer
and hiring process.
* Conduct new hire orientation.
* Counsel with managers in the development of Shea associates.
* Assist managers in coaching and counseling opportunities and in
* Initiate new hire e-support SAR entries.
* Complete SAR entries for terminated employees.
Wage and Salary Administration
* Supports and provides guidance for the Division for salary and
bonus plan adjustments.
* Review compensation philosophy and structure with Division
President, VPs and Corporate HR.
* Obtain salary and compensation survey market data.
* Assist associates in developing position descriptions.
* Leads Division Field Quarterly Bonus calculation.
* Leads Division annual salary review process.
* Leads Division Non-Field Annual Bonus calculation.
Communication and Employee Relations
* Provide input for periodic communications to the Division.
* Communicate Division and/or Corporate information as
* Leads investigations into employee relations issues and makes
recommendations to Division leadership.
* Conducts exit interviews with employees leaving Shea.
* Manages employee leaves of absence.
* Champions Live the Difference program, Shea Spotlight Series, The
Post articles, and ensures Division participation in all.
Management of Facilities
* Manage Front Desk Receptionist
* Procure office supplies for the main & field offices.
* Coordinate scheduling of equipment vendors (copier/scanner) for
regular maintenance; immediately contacts vendors for any emergency
* Manages incoming/outgoing USPS mail, FedEx, UPS, and other
* Ensures postage meter has sufficient amount and renew as
* Order business cards.
* Distribute employee Key Cards / keep file of fob numbers.
Maintain Certain Benefit Information
* Create and maintain records to administrate the WellsOne VISA
card program for enrolled employees in the Division.
* Maintain records of auto allowances by employee and administer
changes as necessary.
* Maintain records of device allowances by employee and administer
changes as necessary.
* Assist in communicating and understanding details of Shea benefit
* Acts as Division's SheaU power user/administrator and ensures
corporate training initiatives are being delivered to the Division
in alignment with other parts of the Company
* Manages and assigns Company required anti-harassment training
* Coordinate logistics and details for company training
* Obtain facilities for events as required.
* Coordinate caterings for events as required.
* Develop, maintain, and track budgets for events.
* BA/BS or equivalent business experience concentrated in Human
* Minimum 5 years previous experience in Human Resources,
Recruiting, Development, and/or Benefits Administration, ideally a
construction and/or real estate environment.
* Experience in administrative and operations support role and
* Organized, assertive professional with a strong work ethic.
* Proven ability to project a positive and professional image of
the stature befitting the position.
* Ability to manage competing priorities and assignments and
oversee completion of delegated tasks - good follow-up skills a
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated teambuilding and leadership ability that ensures
mutual growth and respect for all associates.
* Sound judgment and problem solving skills.
* Computer literate in MS Office.
* Appropriate fit for the Division culture a must.
Professional Performance Standards
Responsible and accountable for executing the specific
responsibilities listed above in complete conformance with goals,
expectations and schedule commitments of the Division. Responsible
for other duties/projects as assigned.
Physical Demand/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an associate
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly
required to talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to
walk, sit, and stand. The associate must occasionally lift and/or
move up to approximately 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
Professional Development Statement
This position is expected to maintain a program for his/her own
professional development and shall do so by creating, maintaining
and executing his/her Professional Development Plan per company
Shea Homes Active Lifestyle Communities is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,
disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or
any other protected factor.
Keywords: J.F. Shea, Charlotte , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!