Product Manager - (US Remote Working)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a
recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than
20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to
promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas
and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions,
publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by
Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin
Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea,
Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United
Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues
are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in
education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
The Student Writing Product Manager will help shape how Turnitin
guides students to create their best, original work. You'll develop
the roadmap to help students strengthen their academic writing and
research skills and submit their writing for instructor feedback,
all while leveraging Turnitin's leadership in integrity and AI.
Our products tend to begin and end with customers, so you'll be
interacting with students and educators to ensure our solutions
solve their problems and unmet needs. In addition to charting our
course, the role includes leading our teams in building new
capabilities to delight customers. Ultimately, you'll be a key
contributor to Turnitin achieving its mission of ensuring the
integrity of global education and meaningfully improving learning
This is a highly cross-functional role, so you'll collaborate with
product managers from the separate offerings and our platform
services teams. - You'll report directly to the Senior Director of
Grading & Feedback and work extensively with peers in UX,
Engineering, Data Science, and Instructional Design.
What You'll be Doing
- Develop an in-depth understanding of and integrate Turnitin's
capabilities in integrity, citations, grammar, text-similarity, and
AI into the student writing process
- Focus on closing the feedback loop of how students receive,
use, and respond to automated and instructor feedback.
- Talk to students ad educators and be their voice in our student
writing product decisions.
- Identify market opportunities for our student writing solutions
aligned to our mission and go-to-market strategy
- Identify and understand the problems we are solving for
teachers, administrators, and students
- Dive deep to determine the root cause of challenges, identify
opportunities, and create solutions
- Define, drive, and translate elements of our student writing
strategies into a product roadmap while maintaining visibility and
alignment across the portfolio.
- Work with professional services, support, product writers,
product marketing, and sales to plan and execute go-to-market
- Respond to product questions from internal and external
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a product manager, associate
product manager, or 5+ years experience supporting educators in
product marketing, customer service, professional services, sales,
or sales support functions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence by partnering and aligning with
- Passion for Learning -- the ability to quickly learn about our
markets and products, study client needs and user experience gaps,
and enable our clients' learning success -
- Collaboration -- the ability to develop healthy, productive
relationships with various stakeholders (engineering, operations,
sales, clients, etc.)
- Execution -- the ability to organize, define, and deliver work
of high quality on time
- Prioritization -- the ability to balance priority and
investment in pursuit of multiple business objectives, setting
clear expectations about what is and is not the priority with
Highly Desired Skills
- Expertise in education or EdTech
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and
meaningfully improve learning outcomes. -
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity
and improve learning outcomes by - putting educators and learners
at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are
constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables
them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin.
It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we
work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower
teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate
effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace
diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it's unrealistic for candidates to
fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. - We encourage you to
apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know
that skills evolve over time. If you're willing to learn and evolve
alongside us, join our team! - -
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have
equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Turnitin, Charlotte , Product Manager - (US Remote Working), Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!