Oil, Gas & Chemicals M&A Integration & Divestiture Execution Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Oil, Gas & Chemicals M&A Integration & Divestiture Execution
Deloitte's Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Offering Portfolio
pairs leading acquisition and divestiture experience with broad
global scale and industry and functional depth. Our offerings span
the M&A lifecycle from growth strategy to target screening and
diligence, through integration and separation execution. From a
seamless Day One experience for customers and employees to a
tightly executed post-close year one program, we help our clients
to achieve the transaction's potential while minimizing risk.
Work you'll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of
large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and
implement creative business and technology solutions for large
companies. Manager level responsibilities include: providing
service excellence by identifying key client business issues,
determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment
techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and
validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client
in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to
implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively
manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional
performance. Managers participate in the development and
presentation of proposals for business development activities.
M&A - Restructuring and Cost Transformation
Our mandate is to enable our clients' ability to grow, optimize,
and fundamentally change the nature of their business and
competitive position. We do this via M&A, divestiture, and
restructuring services from beginning to end. Our Offering enables
pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major
restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal
value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
Integration and Divestiture Strategy and Execution helps define the
approach to integrate and/or divest client assets in a manner that
realizes the value associated with the deal. The M&A &
Restructuring Management offering advises, implements, delivers
transformative solutions to clients to optimize their central
program management office activities due to a pending/completed
transaction, restructuring and cost transformation event.
- A candidate must have M&A or M&A Service Delivery
Experience in the following areas:
- Experience participating in setting engagement objectives and
- Experience developing work plans for components of engagements,
coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in
- Experience designing deliverable content to precisely reflect
the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve
deliverable quality through verification and validation of
- Experience working collaboratively within integrated,
cross-functional teams to deliver M&A engagements across all of
phases of the M&A lifecycle include due-diligence, pre-close,
and post-merger integration.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years consulting and/or industry
- 4+ years of experience within Oil, Gas & Chemicals
- Travel up to 50%
- Ability to work with clients on Day One readiness and
- Proficiency executing synergy targeting and realization.
- Experience conducting operating model fine-tuning and
- Understanding of cross-functional and functional
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor
- Experience and ability to perform analysis and synthesize data
into useful insights. Experience in financial analysis, operational
performance improvement analysis and financial modeling.
- Experience managing large projects through a PMO or
participating in a PMO as a workstream lead.
- Experience with project management tools and techniques such as
developing a project plan, milestone plan, dependency
identification, status reporting, and issue resolution.
- Knowledge of core financial processes (order-to-cash,
procure-to-pay,record-to-report, etc.) and potential impacts
associated with merger activities.
- Industry or consulting experience with financial reporting,
finance processes, finance transformation/strategy, or finance
shared services, particularly in relation to M&A or
- Experience in M&A synergy capture, operational
restructuring, cost reduction, shared services, outsourcing and
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including
presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the
ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Apply practical experience with communications, culture, and
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task
- An advanced degree is preferred.
Oil Gas & Chemicals
The Oil, Gas & Chemicals sector is facing unprecedented change in a
quickly evolving digital era. Improving the customer experience has
never been more critical to business success. Clients are
increasingly focused on maintaining and growing their assets while
simultaneously searching for cost-effective and safer ways to
access, extract and sustain key resources. Deloitte currently
serves the majority of the global Oil & Gas and Chemicals
corporations on the Fortune 500 list, assisting them in facing
these business challenges. Moving forward, we have launched a
growth strategy to at least double our marketplace footprint over
the next 3-5 years. We are committed to helping our clients work
with newly empowered customers, hyper-connected digital ecosystems,
and expansion in data all while collaborating with Deloitte's
Keywords: Deloitte, Charlotte , Oil, Gas & Chemicals M&A Integration & Divestiture Execution Manager, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!