Director of OSP Engineering (CATV, HFC)
Company: Blue Signal Search
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing
carrier-grade small cell design and implementation. Their highly
rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for
top-quality wireless coverage in large venues. They are hiring a
Director of OSP/Fiber Engineering to manage fiber and network
projects, due to high demand and national market share growth.
The Director will have ownership of all fiber projects. The company
is facing high demand for wireless design and engineering, so this
person has the opportunity to capitalize on huge market growth
within the next few years.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus full benefits package: medical
coverage, vacation time, retirement account with 401(K) company
match, free travel, expense account, and other perks.
- Opportunity to expand and run a commercial telecom practice
within a large and thriving nationwide turnkey integrator.
- High level of influence within new initiatives, major projects,
cutting edge technology, and commercial strategy.
- Company is looking at projections of 300% employee headcount
growth, as well as 400%+ in fiber project contract
- Exciting time to get into wireless industry with a projected
$400B to be spent on 5G in 2020.
- Competitive industry pricing with healthy margins on nodes and
- Regarded as Peoples Best Vendor reputation in the industry.
This earns them first pick of market share in new build regions,
due to their focus on high quality results and strong client
- Company culture of investing in its employees through career
advancement and continuing education, plus top-level industry
coaching from best-in-the-business leadership.
- Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital
expenditures to meet high market demand for large-venue
- Control over large pool of internal/external fiber deployment
- Manage telecom projects from end to end strategy, consulting,
permitting, and engineering with a focus on fiber (underground and
- Manage engineering and operational teams across large
geographic service areas for network construction; including all
personnel needed for aerial and underground projects.
- Manage and coordinate high-level operations of utilities
providers, contracting teams, and design engineering team.
- Escalate projects as needed and draft action plans to address
- Approve and deliver technical presentations with potential
clients across several industry verticals. Prepare P&L, bids,
and proposals for fiber projects.
- Run meetings with clients to discuss numbers, contracts,
technical details, schematics, timelines, and project
- Own permitting efforts.
- Identify risks and implement effective risk mitigation
strategies, including forecasting of budget and schedule
- Oversee management and construction managers on price quotes,
safety issues, project timelines, potential project challenges,
materials, and equipment.
- Build client relationships and keep them updated regularly on
construction. Support construction teams to help them resolve
problems in a timely manner.
- 10+ years of OSP/fiber engineering experience.
- Strong background with telecom/wireless projects for major
carriers, MNOs/MVNOs, and integrators at both the national and
- Bachelors degree in engineering, technology, or related field.
Masters a plus.
- Experience managing remote teams, overseeing multiple offices,
or growing organizations.
- Proven ability to manage large volume project fluctuations.
Relationships with subcontractors or other external personnel
- Strong technical understanding of telecom and wireless
technology, especially RF, fiber, DAS, and small cell with hands-on
- Understanding of permitting and estimating.
- Strong team leadership skills can effectively manage complex
teams made up of internal employees, contractors, construction
teams, engineers, vendors, design firms, executive management, and
- Excellent negotiation skills, with experience communicating
with municipalities, permitting, etc.
- Knowledge of GIS and AutoCAD for aerial and underground
- Fiber to the home and/or GPON experience preferred.by
Keywords: Blue Signal Search, Charlotte , Director of OSP Engineering (CATV, HFC), Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!