Sous Chef Management
Company: Snooze, an A.M. Eatery
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Snooze Who are we?Morning people! Yes, we are thosepeople. We
are a full-service breakfast restaurant, and we want each morning
tofeel like your weekend and happy hour rolled into one no matter
which side ofnoon it s on. We re the place where you can be you,
and where our regulars areanything but. Everyone s welcome at our
table, because the same goes for ourpeople as it does for our
dishes: the unexpected twists are what makes them sospecial.
The Sous Chef Role at SnoozeAssecond in command of the Snooze
kitchen you are responsible for ensuring thehighest quality food
and standards. Your primary duties include maintaining allkitchen
functions including the purchasing, storage, inventory and
preparationof food products while upholding a standard of
excellence in safety and sanitation.You are also responsible for
training Snoozerson methods of cooking, preparation, plate
presentation, portion control and foodcost analysis. You are the
Head Chef s right hand in ensuring guestsatisfaction is being met
consistently. Your overall goal is to maintain theWOW factor of
Snooze food, be creative, have fun, and be a role model forothers
in the kitchen. The Bennie-Fits!
- No late nights you ll be home by dinnertime every night!
- Weekly pay and competitive hourly rates
- Competitive Basic Health, Dental, Visions,Pet and Accident
- Employer paid Short Term disability and LifeInsurance
- 401k/Roth 401k Plans
- 120 Hours (15 days) of vacation time accruedper year and paid
at a regular rate
- 40 Hours (5 days) of paid sick time paid atregular rate per
- Four (4) Paid Holidays
- 8 Hours (1 day) of paid community volunteertime paid at regular
rate per year
- 100% paid meal benefits
- Other benefits including potential fieldtrips, community
engagement, and personal and professional growth
- ClosedThanksgiving and Christmas Day to spend time with family
- The opportunity for development andadvancement
- Unlimited dance parties! The Position Specifics
- Accurately manage all Heart of House Snoozers toensure
adherence to all Snooze policy, procedures, methods, and
- Be knowledgeable of Snooze policies regardingpersonnel and
administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for anyand
all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Maintain quality standards according to theguidelines of Snooze
Food, ensuring the best possible product goes in and outthe kitchen
- Assist the management team in making employment andtermination
decisions including interviewing, hiring, training,
evaluating,reviewing, and coaching Heart of House Snoozers as
- Ensure the proper training of all Heart of HouseSnoozers in
safety and sanitation practices, equipment operation and
properkitchen tool usage.
- Assist Head Chef in preparing all requiredpaperwork, including
inventory, par sheets, ordering, forms, reports andschedules.
- Verify that all equipment is kept clean and inexcellent working
condition through personal inspection and following
- Assist in controlling food cost and usage byfollowing proper
requisition of products, organized storage procedures,standard
recipes and waste control.
- Control labor cost by assisting in scheduling basedupon
forecasted sales, positions needed, and proper time
- Provide leadership and instruction pertaining to Snoozebasic
safety and sanitation procedures and guidelines.
- Help to create a fun, safe and rewarding workenvironment for
all Snoozers. Isthis the role for you?Sous Chefs at Snooze...
- Must be 21 years of age and be authorized towork in the United
- Have knowledge of food, beverage, and safetygenerally involving
at least 2+ years of operations experience and 1+ years
- Possess excellent basic math skills and canoperate a cash
register and Point of Sale system. Must also be able tocommunicate
and understand the predominant language (s) of the restaurant
- Be able to work in a standing position forlong periods of time
(up to 10 hours) and have the stamina to work 45 to 50hours per
week. Let stalk about safetyYour safety is our #1 priority. Because
ofthat, it is every Snoozer s responsibility to ensure cleanliness,
sanitation,and safety within our restaurants. We hold both Snoozers
and guests accountableto our Safety Guidelines. We require daily
wellness checks from all Snoozersand are committed to a safe
working environment.Snooze is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: chief chef, commercial kitchen, culinary school,
executive, executive kitchen, lead, pantry, pizza chef, prep chef,
Keywords: Snooze, an A.M. Eatery, Charlotte , Sous Chef Management, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!